Debugging Off

GraemeJ

Using VI Analyser from the main vi, I can detect if debugging is on or off in the main vi but not in the sub vi's or the rest of the vi hierarchy.

Is there a way of achieving if debugging is off throughout the whole code, or is it necessary to go through each and every vi? If the latter, this becomes very cumbersome in a large project.

Regards, GraemeJ

QUOTE (GraemeJ @ Aug 2 2008, 08:13 PM)

Is there a way of achieving if debugging is off throughout the whole code, or is it necessary to go through each and every vi? If the latter, this becomes very cumbersome in a large project.

I'm sure there'd have to be a scripting node that reads that for each VI, and then you could do some Boolean logic (sorry, a bit flat out at the mo, otherwise I'd try it for you...)

QUOTE (GraemeJ @ Aug 2 2008, 07:13 PM)

Using VI Analyser from the main vi, I can detect if debugging is on or off in the main vi but not in the sub vi's or the rest of the vi hierarchy.

Typically your entire application resides in a folder structure of some sort on disk. Can you just create a new VI Analyzer task (as opposed to using the "Analyze this VI" functionality) and add the folder(s) containing your app, then run the Enabled Debugging test over the entire folder?

-D

QUOTE (Val Brown @ Aug 3 2008, 12:34 PM)

OK, any suggestions for implementing that same code without using OpenG?

You need to use the Callees[] property of the VIs until there are no more VIs which you haven't listed. One way would be to have two arrays (VIs which you already went over and VIs which you haven't went over yet) and to make sure that you have no duplicates.

QUOTE (Val Brown @ Aug 3 2008, 11:34 AM)

QUOTE (crelf @ Aug 3 2008, 03:25 PM)

Off topic alert: Why don't you use OpenG?
:)
Maybe we should break this into a separate thread...

Interesting discussion, but I think it will be a company guideline thing. (If Val wasn't open to others people code, he wouldn't have asked)

Here's a very rude example:

post-2399-1217785541.png?width=400

Ton