Matlab DLL

Hi all,

Is it at all possible to call a Matlab DLL (i.e. MCR) in LabVIEW RT? From what I've seen it doesn't appear so. If, indeed, it is not possible, does anyone have any insights as to how else one might call Matlab code in LabVIEW RT?

-Casey

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE (cmay @ Aug 7 2008, 07:10 PM)

Hi all,

Is it at all possible to call a Matlab DLL (i.e. MCR) in LabVIEW RT? From what I've seen it doesn't appear so. If, indeed, it is not possible, does anyone have any insights as to how else one might call Matlab code in LabVIEW RT?

-Casey

It's probably not possible at all. In order to run a Matlab DLL you have to have installed the Matlab runtime library or how it is called. And this library will likely rely on C runtime and Windwos API calls that are not present in the RT system. In addition a Matlab DLL would not even be compatibale at all with the VxWorks based realtime targets so the is no chance to get it to work there I guess.

That is unless Matlab can create full C code for its scripts and you can get that to compile in the targets systems compiler tool chain. All in all not pretty work for sure if it is possible at all.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (cmay @ Aug 7 2008, 04:10 PM)

If, indeed, it is not possible, does anyone have any insights as to how else one might call Matlab code in LabVIEW RT?

-Casey

I was going to suggest using the mathscript node (that can run a large percentage of m code in the LV environment), but it is unsupported on RT.

So your out of luck apart from translating it into LV code.

Is it a lot of code?

N.