web conferencing tools

ASTDan

QUOTE (ASTDan @ Aug 10 2008, 04:36 PM)

I am looking to purchase some web conferencing software/service. I was wondering what web conferincing software people use and what they like and don't like about it.

There are a lot of options, and it really depends on your needs: what is/are your intended use case(s)?

My intended use is desktop sharing i.e. my customers can look at my desktop when talking about requirements.

Another use could be colaberation. I have noticed people are working remotly more and more. What tools do they use to comunicate effectly beyond cell phones etc.

Dan

QUOTE (ASTDan @ Aug 11 2008, 03:06 AM)

At work we use LogMeIn.com to control remote desktop computers, works super, even through our company proxy (both ways).

You have FogCreek Copilot

I have used a program that captured my desktop and converted it into a webcam driver to share via skype, msn and others.

Ton

i would recommend a new tool called HyperMeeting. its main benefit is that it is integerated with an entire collaboration suite. this enhances the efficiency of web conferencing. you can use the same tool for synchronus (real time) as well as asynchronus (when the collaborators log into the system at different times) collaboration.