Insane error

Pollux

QUOTE (Pollux @ Aug 13 2008, 04:22 AM)

I keep geting this "insane" error and LV closes. :throwpc:

Does anybody know where that comes from?

It means that some part of your VI has a configuration that LV has no idea what to do with -- such as a bit setting that only has meaning for numerics being set on a string control. Search around on LAVA for "insane object" and somewhere you'll find a thread that talks about identifying the offending item and deleting it. Ultimately this is an NI error that should be CAR'd (by posting at NI.com) so it can be investigated and fixed.

QUOTE (jzoller @ Aug 13 2008, 10:23 AM)

this is the best part when u end up with a insane error

Most of the time, deleting the offending object and recreating it from scratch is sufficient to fix your VI and allow you to continue working.

So when ever i used to encounter this problem (and the interesting thing is that this insane error is used to happen with 7 and 7.1 version and i never encountered so far with 8.2 and 8.5). i used to delete a wire branch or control or indicator one by one , save the application, rewire the deleted objects and save and run it. And it used to work fine. This used to be tedious process and as a short cut i would copy the entire block diagram in to a new vi then used to delete half of the block diagram objects, which would let me know in a faster way where this insane object is in the BD.

QUOTE (guruthilak@yahoo.com @ Aug 18 2008, 11:49 PM)

this is the best part when u end up with a insane error

Most of the time, deleting the offending object and recreating it from scratch is sufficient to fix your VI and allow you to continue working.

Since the error message pts to the Table Control, delete and replace it (and the associated wire branches on the diagram too, for good measure) and it should be fixed.

There is an ini key that you can add to LabVIEW.ini to enable a bit more info for these sorts of messages to help identify which object is causing the error and whether its a BD or a front panel issue.

Neville.