Labels! Everywhere! I want labels. And maybe comments too.

I would like *everything* to have a label. I actually wouldn't mind (maybe even prefer) if everything got a comment field… similar to the caption of some front panel items. Wires, stop terminal on while loops, index terminal on loops, tunnels, shift registers... everything. I want as few free floating comments as possible. That being said, I DO want free floating comments for the front panels of custom controls. These comments only appear on the front panel -- they don't tag along with the control when it is dropped.

And about wire labels... it would be nice to incorporate some flexibility into the display style of the labels (directional arrows, placement, etc), and if the wire gets kinda long…. Can we duplicate the label automatically every so many pixels?

QUOTE (Ton @ Aug 14 2008, 11:41 AM)

I bet you want hot-spot labels as well.

Where you define a region to where a given label should apply.

That could be useful for use with the new diagram cleanup button. I noticed it doesn't really know what to do with free labels and usually just lines them up nicely somewhere.