OlyVIEW

QUOTE (LV_FPGA_SE @ Aug 21 2008, 08:12 PM)

After too much programming last night and watching TV at the same time this vision popped into my head.

Hm... what if you did

• blue=timed loop
  • yellow=event structure
  • black=while loop
  • green=case structure wired with error cluster
  • red = for loop with a breakpoint set on it

Now... I'll have to refrain form changing loop/frame colors. I didn't know you could do that! I can see how it would make a BD cheerful. I'm just afraid I might look back at those diagrams in a few years and wished I had never known about this feature!

(Don't disturb the genie in the lamp...) Thanks anyway Christian ;)

Should we imagine where it would lead if we were to show this to a newbie? There must be a good reason why the paint brush is only available in FP palette...

post-10515-1219412078.png?width=400

QUOTE (normandinf @ Aug 22 2008, 08:38 AM)

Now... I'll have to refrain form changing loop/frame colors. I didn't know you could do that! I can see how it would make a BD cheerful. I'm just afraid I might look back at those diagrams in a few years and wished I had never known about this feature!

Not only can you change the color of the frame, you can also change the color of the background of your entire diagram or the diagram inside any of the structures. This has been used by some developers with more or less success to make a diagram more readable. I agree that you should never change the color of the structure frame as we are used to the colors and it helps us read a diagram more quickly.

To be honest, I changed the colors of the frames in MS Paint, as I also interwove the loops with one another and needed transparency inside the loops, both of which could not be done in LV.

QUOTE (LV_FPGA_SE @ Aug 22 2008, 11:06 AM)

Not only can you change the color of the frame, you can also change the color of the background of your entire diagram or the diagram inside any of the structures. This has been used by some developers with more or less success to make a diagram more readable.

That, I had tried early on. You kind of expect it when you have the paint brush activated and press Ctrl-E. You discover you've still got access to the paint brush in BD... I just never thought the frame could be turned any color, just like I wouldn't expect to be able to change the color of a wire. (Yes, I just tested it... I didn't trust my gut)

QUOTE (normandinf @ Aug 22 2008, 07:00 PM)

You can also access the brush directly from the BD. No need to go through the FP.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Aug 24 2008, 09:30 AM)

Isn't there an ini key that will give you transparent structures?

If memory serves, the key gives semi-transparent structures, not fully transparent.

QUOTE (normandinf @ Aug 22 2008, 09:38 AM)

Yeah, I did one last year, and every time I open it I want to undo the collors, but can't afford the time (or don't want to expend it).

QUOTE (normandinf @ Sep 1 2008, 10:56 PM)

BTW, since I was gone... which country won the olympics? (Shameless attempt to come back to the original topic)

There are two different views here. In America, I saw US on the first in the list as US won the most total medals. In a Chinese TV in Canada, I saw China on the first in the list as China won the most Gold medals. And in Chinese internet, some people put US at first, some put China at first and I even hear the sentiment that some Chinese people like US to be the first on the list, because that make them feel most comfortable to have US as the biggest brother, still. Interesting, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Irene

QUOTE (Irene_he @ Sep 6 2008, 01:56 PM)

In America, I saw US on the first in the list as US won the most total medals. In a Chinese TV in Canada, I saw China on the first in the list as China won the most Gold medals.

...and if you take the top ten countries by number of medals, prorata them by capita, Australia is #1 ! ! ! winner.gif

Okay, that's probably taking it a little too far :)

QUOTE (JiMM @ Sep 8 2008, 08:54 PM)

What exactly is the purpose of Chinese captioning on a Chinese Video? It's a very good video, but I wish that I could know the words.

I found the version with English Captioning. Although after translation words kind of becoming flat, losing some original tasting and smelling, but should still be good enough to know what they sing about. :)

QUOTE (Irene_he @ Sep 8 2008, 09:45 PM)

I found the version with English Captioning. Although after translation words kind of becoming flat, losing some original tasting and smelling, but should still be good enough to know what they sing about. :)

Thank you Irene. While in English it loses the poetry of the original, it is nice to know what sentiments are being expressed. I'm surprised, with all of the effort that China put into trying to use the Olympics to promote itself, that this song did not get more visibility. Very nice. rockin.gif

QUOTE (JiMM @ Sep 9 2008, 07:16 AM)

Thank you Irene. While in English it loses the poetry of the original, it is nice to know what sentiments are being expressed. I'm surprised, with all of the effort that China put into trying to use the Olympics to promote itself, that this song did not get more visibility. Very nice. rockin.gif

Yes, you are right, somehow this song was not broadcast here (the English captioning version is only half of the original song). Guess Chinese people are still learning how to tell the world who they are. But then, if the world dislikes it, that is because the rest of the world don't GET IT. :)

Sorry for being a bit political recently.

Irene