Avoiding -50103 error on SCXI 1500 modules

I get a -50103 resource is reserved error on my SCXI 1500 module, also if I split the tasks across two modules. I am using these via a USB 1600 module slotted into the SCXI card rack. Attached are two screenshots.

1. The circuit.

2. Circuit showing error.

How may I get around this error? Please be aware that I am still a novice at LabVIEW when you answer.

QUOTE (Gan Uesli Starling @ Aug 22 2008, 12:39 PM)

I get a -50103 resource is reserved error on my SCXI 1500 module, also if I split the tasks across two modules. I am using these via a USB 1600 module slotted into the SCXI card rack. Attached are two screenshots.

1. The circuit.

2. Circuit showing error.

How may I get around this error? Please be aware that I am still a novice at LabVIEW when you answer.

Can you upload jpg images? Insert into your text with the "Manage current attachments" tab. Nobody will bother downloading 5MB of picture data.

Neville.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Aug 22 2008, 05:46 PM)

Can you upload jpg images? Insert into your text with the "Manage current attachments" tab. Nobody will bother downloading 5MB of picture data.

Neville.

Sure, no problem. But JPEGs are horribly fuzzy and my thought was that most folks would rather wait the extra ten seconds to get a screenshot that's easy to read. I'll try and remember to append both full-rez and blurries from now on. If I weren't behind the company's firewall I'd upload the high rez to my own Unix box under my desk at home and post links here for those so as to consume storage and bandwidth here only for the JPEGs. Humble apologies.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Aug 22 2008, 11:46 PM)

QUOTE (Gan Uesli Starling @ Aug 25 2008, 02:31 PM)

Sure, no problem. But JPEGs are horribly fuzzy and my thought was that most folks would rather wait...

<plug>

If you want to post LabVIEW code I recommend the Code Capture Tool. This (IMHO) awesome tool grabs the code you need, creates a PNG and adds the path to the OS clipboard

</plug>

On Topic, have you tried reading the tasks in MAX?

This is always a good start.

Ton

QUOTE (Ton @ Aug 25 2008, 10:27 AM)

On Topic, have you tried reading the tasks in MAX?

This is always a good start.

Ton

Reading a task in Max? I can read any of the individual channels in DAQmx, sure. Individually, those all work. But how might I get these two tasks to run in parallel that way...outside of the VI itself?

It is running two tasks which seems to hang. Whichever is 2nd to fire hangs with the error. But I have two 1520 modules in a 12-slot SCXI cage accessed by a 1600 USB module. They feed off-screen to right to a common while-loop but the hang-up is prior till then, at the place shown.

It seems to me that there ought to be a way to use two 1520's differently for different kinds of signals in a 12-slot SCXI cage. Why else buy one? So I'm assuming that I must be missing something, or doing it out of order.

Mind that I've only had the 1st two basic classes and only done three prior LabVIEW projects, none of them too very complicated and none of the others using SCXI.

Thanks,

Gan

PS -- I downloaded your capture tool and will learn to use it in due course. Thanks.

QUOTE (Gan Uesli Starling @ Aug 25 2008, 05:31 AM)

Sure, no problem. But JPEGs are horribly fuzzy and my thought was that most folks would rather wait the extra ten seconds to get a screenshot that's easy to read.

The jpegs are fine when you click on them (and also fast).

So what exactly are you trying to do? Read the chans on one piece of hardware with two different tasks? I think thats not allowed.

Or maybe since the SCXI chans are mux'd into the same USB AI chan, you have to read all of them in the same task. Can you put all of them together and read that?

Its been a while since I played with SCXI, but thats what I seem to remember.

Try taking a look at the DAQ examples to see if there's something that will work for you.

N.