Quick drop and dropping from disk

QUOTE (Gabi1 @ Aug 27 2008, 08:56 PM)

Actually, it's 7.0, and you can find it here. It works great, but the main problem is that unlike Darren, I can't scan the palette and need to hold the list of possible functions in separate files. What's in that thread is a version that I still use all the time, but I haven't worked on it in a long time, so it doesn't include code for creating the lists, so you will either need to create your own code, use the existing lists (which should cover most VIs) or add things manually.

It does, however, include shortcuts just like Quick Drop has. It doesn't have a convenient interface for opening the dialog, since I didn't really work on that. Basically, it only opens the shortcuts dialog if you give it a string it can't match (which is correct behavior, but isn't enough). Adding a button to open the shortcuts dialog should be very simple.

QUOTE (PJM_labview @ Aug 27 2008, 08:59 PM)

I there a way for you to share these shortcuts (I am the lazy type...)?

I'm pretty sure there's a KB article with the list on NI's site.

There's a text file containing shortcuts on the Quick Drop webpage. You can copy the two INI tokens in that text file into your LabVIEW.ini file and you'll be good to go. For convenience, I've attached the file here...actually, this is my latest list of shortcuts, so it may have a few more than the one on the webpage.

-D

P.S. - You'll notice that almost all of my shortcuts can be typed with the left hand only (I'm right handed). Thus, if I type a shortcut, and then click in the VI to dismiss Quick Drop and automatically drop the item, I never have to move my left hand from the keyboard, and I never have to move my right hand from the mouse. *This* is how I am able to program so fast with Quick Drop.

QUOTE (Darren @ Aug 27 2008, 11:37 AM)

<..>You'll notice that almost all of my shortcuts can be typed with the left hand only (I'm right handed). Thus, if I type a shortcut, and then click in the VI to dismiss Quick Drop and automatically drop the item, I never have to move my left hand from the keyboard, and I never have to move my right hand from the mouse. *This* is how I am able to program so fast with Quick Drop.

OK, now that sounds useful.