Running a VI at Windows boot up

At last a question I can help with! :book:

With Windows XP the way that we handled this at my company was to have the installer place a shortcut to the executable in the startup directory under the programs menu. The thing to watch out for with this is to be sure that you place the shortcut appropriately based on the user-related behavior you desire. By this I mean if you have logins to a machine at the Windows level then you need to be sure and place the shortcut in the all users folder so that it initates the program in all cases. If you are just booting straight to Windows without any user variances then its less of an issue.

The installer creation function of the LabVIEW really makes it easy to produce the desired result.

This link has some useful information on creating installers http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3303.

Jason

QUOTE (Harshvardhan @ Aug 27 2008, 02:07 PM)

How can i make a VI run at the windows start up? Is there any way if i can load the DLL file of VI in boot file of windows?

If you have Labview installed on computer just place the VI in the startup under programs folder. There is instructions on NIs site how to make an VI into an windows service.