TCP Communication between VB and LV

Hi,

I have a compiled program (not mine) in VB which acts as a server that receives commands from my LabVIEW application via TCP port. So, these programs run in differents computers in a local network. They works fine when the two computers are Windows.

If my LabVIEW program runs on Linux, it is not able to establish a communication with the VB program. The cause of the problem maybe that the VB program uses Winsock?

I already tested my connection between a Linux and a Win computer using the examples TCP communicator, so the connection is fine.

Thanks!

QUOTE (Ton @ Sep 2 2008, 01:20 AM)

The problem is that you can't establish a connection. Strange, what error code is generated on the LabVIEW side?

Ton

When I try to connect to the VB server using LV, it simply don't connect, I get timeout.

Eugen, I tried something with DataSocket, but I'm not satisfied and really want to use TCP things. Don't have any way really?

Philip, thanks for the tip. I will see here if is this problem and will post here the results.

QUOTE (Ton @ Sep 2 2008, 07:53 AM)

Do you have the right port and number? It looks like there is no-listening at that port.

Could you post a screenshot?

Ton

Well, I think that have listening, because my VB program succeeded to establish a communication when I use the example TCP Communicator in the same platform (win X win). The screenshot of the example is here. It doesn't work when is Win X Linux... Strange!

QUOTE (Giseli Ramos @ Sep 2 2008, 07:26 AM)

Well, I think that have listening, because my VB program succeeded to establish a communication when I use the example TCP Communicator in the same platform (win X win). The screenshot of the example is here. It doesn't work when is Win X Linux... Strange!

I definitely don't think you should leave the TCP behind. This sounds more like an OS issue than a Labview issue.

#1 What Flavor of Linux are you using. (I can be more helpful :))

#2 My first suspicion is that you have a firewall blocking ports... Have you looked into this?

-Scott

QUOTE (Scott Carlson @ Sep 2 2008, 08:58 AM)

I definitely don't think you should leave the TCP behind. This sounds more like an OS issue than a Labview issue.

#1 What Flavor of Linux are you using. (I can be more helpful :) )

#2 My first suspicion is that you have a firewall blocking ports... Have you looked into this?

-Scott

Hi Scott, I'm using Fedora 7... and I'm glad that you remembered me of the firewall issue!

On Linux, it is OK, but in Win, the firewall rules was not correctly applied... :oops: Now it is working fine. :P

Many thanks to all and I learned some useful things in this topic such as the endian problem...