Initializing Build. Could take several minutes.....

Norm Kirchner

Ok, something is fishy here.

I've got a program that is not complex by any stretch of the imagination.

I've got some LVOOP stuff in there but very simple structure 1 class owns 2 other classes, no inheritance.

and the LVx package that does have inheritance, but has been built in 8.2 before w/out issue

And as I try to build it into an EXE, going on minute #5 now, I am still waiting for the build to initialize... WTF!!!!

Never have I seen it need to sit so long for an init of a build, but it will finish eventually... like the moment I walk away because I'm tired of trying to see how long it takes and give up.

So the question is, has anyone had a simple program cause the EXE builder to take FOREVER on the init of the build?

Going to start an NI SR as well but wanted to see what others have seen.

• 1 month later...

QUOTE (Norm Kirchner @ Sep 8 2008, 08:39 AM)

Ok, something is fishy here.

I've got a program that is not complex by any stretch of the imagination.

I've got some LVOOP stuff in there but very simple structure 1 class owns 2 other classes, no inheritance.

and the LVx package that does have inheritance, but has been built in 8.2 before w/out issue

And as I try to build it into an EXE, going on minute #5 now, I am still waiting for the build to initialize... WTF!!!!

Never have I seen it need to sit so long for an init of a build, but it will finish eventually... like the moment I walk away because I'm tired of trying to see how long it takes and give up.

So the question is, has anyone had a simple program cause the EXE builder to take FOREVER on the init of the build?

Going to start an NI SR as well but wanted to see what others have seen.

Norm,

I started a Service Request for the same issue. According to NI this is a known bug with Labview 8.6 Build times have more than doubled between Labview 8.5.1 and Labview 8.6

bluesky

QUOTE (bluesky @ Oct 16 2008, 06:40 PM)

Norm,

I started a Service Request for the same issue. According to NI this is a known bug with Labview 8.6 Build times have more than doubled between Labview 8.5.1 and Labview 8.6

bluesky

Do you have the service request number? I am not aware of build times slowing down by 2x between versions. In your particular situation, do you have build times for both 8.5 and 8.6?

QUOTE (gmart @ Oct 16 2008, 05:04 PM)

Do you have the service request number? I am not aware of build times slowing down by 2x between versions. In your particular situation, do you have build times for both 8.5 and 8.6?

My service request number is 7212358. NI tech support confirmed that this was a know issue.

bluesky

QUOTE (bluesky @ Oct 17 2008, 11:56 AM)

My service request number is 7212358. NI tech support confirmed that this was a know issue.

bluesky

Thank you for the information. There appears to be a slight slowdown in general, but not an across the board 2x difference. Some applications have been reported to be slower by this factor, but it is on a case by case basis. Thank you for reporting this.