Excel ActiveX error in exe: library not registered

Hi,

I wondered if any of you can help me as I'm at a bit of a loss. I have an application that is complied to exe, and installed with an installer in LV 8.5.1 that uses the Excel ActiveX interface to write to an xls file. In development and on all of my testing this seems to work fine (with Excel 03 and 07) but I have just received a bug report whereby on a particular install the following error has been thrown form my Open Excel VI (see attached code). Apparently it was working but this machine has recently upgraded some data management software (Goldmine 6.0 -> 7.5) and since then it hasn't worked.

Troubleshooting is complicated a little as this is running as an exe and the source code seems to work fine on my development machine.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appriciated! :)

(my current inclination is to ask the customer to resintall Office and Goldmine and then reinstall the LV app - so far he has only tried reinstalling the LV software)

Shaun

EDIT: I forgot to actually include the full error details :rolleyes:

Error code:-2147319779

source: "Library not registered."

My proposition is check at start library.

Try to do anything with that concrete ActiveX. If that error occurs: call command line and register that library (regsrv32 and so on.) 

You have to add proper library to your instalation of course.

As I remember there are some differences between office versions, so some tips could be ask end user about his office version.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Mikrobi @ Sep 11 2008, 05:11 AM)

My proposition is check at start library.

Try to do anything with that concrete ActiveX. If that error occurs: call command line and register that library (regsrv32 and so on.)

You have to add proper library to your instalation of course.

As I remember there are some differences between office versions, so some tips could be ask end user about his office version.

Thanks for your suggestion - Excel seemed to be working fine and other programs were accessing it through the various plug in interfaces (We also had the app working fine on XP and Vista systems with Excel 2003 and 2007 so it seems to not be the LV code). In the end, he seems to have found that installing a combination of SP3, and reinstalling everything seems to have worked (we're currently fine tuning what exactly was the right combination/order of installing SP3, Excel, Goldmine and our software that worked)