XControl Identity Crisis...

Norm Kirchner

So I'm having some issues w/ trying to build an array of control references if one of the controls is an XControl.

Which doesn't make ANY sense to me since the both fall under the 'Control' Class as a common denominator.

So in order to prove that to myself, I made a constant of each of these references and started looking at the class membership hierarchy.

This is what I got

So 2 things. Apparently the XControl class doesn't know which class it belongs to (definitely not TE logging)

And it breaks the build array for the references.

And even when I straighten out its identity crisis and tell it what it is, it still breaks the build array.

WEIRD :wacko:

The CAR ID for the broken wire problem is 125719.

The problem with both XControls being selected in the class list, NI is already aware of this and should be filing a CAR soon.

Workaround for the build array...... put the XControl as the top element inputs to the build array and no broken wires.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Sep 10 2008, 03:12 PM)

How far back does this bug exist? (XControls were introduced in 8.0 so you might just test that version directly.)

Not tested yet. Will give a whirl later tonight.