Passing Control References to Sub VI

The attached vi [Testsubvi].vi works OK by itself, but when used as a sub vi to 'TestDirectoryTree3.vi', I am unable to pass the control references to the sub vi.

Notwithstanding much effort, I still cannot find the error, and would appreciate any help.

The purpose of the code is to have the user select or create a root directory, and a directory tree and its folders is then generated automatically.

Regards, GraemeJ

I haven't tested the VI, but I see you are waiting events for refnum value changes. The refnum value won't change until the reference is disposed, since is just the memory address. I think you are looking for a value change event and, in addition, don't use events in the subVI but in the top VI since it's there where the controls are.

Saludos,

Aitor

QUOTE (Aitor Solar @ Sep 19 2008, 06:23 PM)

I haven't tested the VI, but I see you are waiting events for refnum value changes. The refnum value won't change until the reference is disposed, since is just the memory address. I think you are looking for a value change event and, in addition, don't use events in the subVI but in the top VI since it's there where the controls are.

Saludos,

Aitor

Thanks for your help Aitor. The modified VI's are attached and seem to work.

I have posted them again in case they might of use to someone.

Regards, GraemeJ