Getting default symbol bmp's from Listboxes/Tree controls

Mellroth

Hi,

I'd like to be able to get the current symbol from a selected item in a Tree-control or Listbox control.

It is possible to do this for custom symbols, but I'd like to be able to do this for the built in symbols as well.

Does anyone know if this is possible, or do I have to create bmp's of all built in symbols from Screenshots?

/J

QUOTE (orko @ Sep 23 2008, 03:25 AM)

Is this not the case?

Thanks Orko,

I was probably a bit unclear in my first post.

Built in symbols are accessible for usage, but in my case I'd like to be able to retrieve the actual pictures being used, regardless if it is a custom symbol or a built in symbol.

From the link you posted;

You can use the Custom Item Symbols:Get Symbol and Custom Item Symbols:Get Symbol Array methods only to retrieve custom symbols. If you use these methods with symbols of indexes 1 through 40, these methods return images only for any custom symbols that overwrite the built-in defaults.

The question is whether there is a way around this to actually get the pictures representing the built in symbols?

/J

QUOTE (PJM_labview @ Sep 24 2008, 07:21 PM)

I had a look at the other thread, very nice little VI :thumbup: Thanks!

I first tried to go for a built in method to access the bmp's, but as I realized it could not be done, I also decided to get the images programmatically.

So far I haven't got the time to do it, and now you spoil all my fun :shifty:

/J