Watch Michael Moore's new movie for free on blip.tv

QUOTE (Antoine Châlons @ Sep 23 2008, 03:00 AM)

Do you have any idea why "The free download is only available to those residing in the United States and Canada." ? :o

From the website:

If you live outside the U.S. and Canada, I'm sorry that I don't own the rights to make this film available to you for free. But it will be coming to a theater, video store or television network near you soon.

QUOTE (JiMM @ Sep 23 2008, 08:32 AM)

I think I'd rather stare at the sun with a telescope!

"WARNING!!! It is never safe to look directly at the Sun because the Sun’s rays can damage your eyes. It is safe to study the Sun’s surface if you use a telescope to project the Sun’s image onto a piece of paper."

I don't know what would make it safe to study Michael Moore's new movie. But, I could imagine projecting something... :wacko:

QUOTE (JiMM @ Sep 23 2008, 08:32 AM)

I think I'd rather stare at the sun with a telescope!

Eh - it's like anything else you see that's even slightly political: skewed. As long as you recognize that, I think it's safe to watch :)

My mum always used to say: "believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

QUOTE (crelf @ Sep 23 2008, 03:24 PM)

Eh - it's like anything else you see that's even slightly political: skewed. As long as you recognize that, I think it's safe to watch :)

My mum always used to say: "believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

I read just this morning :"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." Douglas Adams

QUOTE (crelf @ Sep 23 2008, 09:24 AM)

Your Mum was an optimist!

QUOTE (Antoine Châlons @ Sep 23 2008, 09:35 AM)

I read just this morning :"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." Douglas Adams

I would modify that to say that "Anyone who DESIRES to be the President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

QUOTE (JiMM @ Sep 23 2008, 03:52 PM)

And you seem not to be part of that category :shifty:

QUOTE (JiMM @ Sep 23 2008, 03:52 PM)

I would modify that to say that "Anyone who DESIRES to be the President should on no account be allowed to do the job."

I think the original version is better, some people wouldn't desire to be president but would be capable of getting people to vote for them... just look around the world :D

QUOTE (PaulG. @ Sep 23 2008, 10:52 AM)

You couldn't pay me to watch a Michael Moore film. :thumbdown:

For the most part I agree with you Paul. The exception was his short film "Pets or Meat" which featured a woman that raised rabbits. It was comical watching her transition from trying to sell a rabbit for a pet to selling it for meat. It was inclcuded as an extra feautre with his first film (that I know of) "Roger and Me".

Ben

QUOTE (PaulG. @ Sep 23 2008, 07:52 AM)

You couldn't pay me to watch a Michael Moore film. :thumbdown:

All politics aside, you can't judge something you have never seen. :nono: Kinda like trying to ban a book you have never read. You certainly don't have to watch a movie or read a book if you don't want to, but you don't have any standing to make comments about the contents without seeing for yourself.

Many people make the mistake of letting others tell them what to think. If you expose yourself to all point of view (both those you agree with and those you don't) then you will form a much better picture of the world around you. :book: :thumbup:

Sorry for the excessive smileys..

QUOTE (jlokanis @ Sep 23 2008, 01:09 PM)

All politics aside, you can't judge something you have never seen.

I think the media has proven you false there. They do it every day. :thumbdown: May be it should be "you can't judge something intelligently you have never seen".

You certainly don't have to watch a movie or read a book if you don't want to, but you don't have any standing to make comments about the contents without seeing for yourself.

I agree to a certain degree; you can anticipate something about the contents of a movie you have never seen based on the writer/director.

- After seeing four of five Jerry Bruckheimer movies I have a feeling for what his next movie may be like. It won't be a slow moving drama.

- I don't have to tune into Rush Limbaugh every day just to know that I still agree or not agree with his viewpoint.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Sep 23 2008, 02:53 PM)

The resulting reaction to my initial post fascinates me.

The fact that people actually voted for George Bush fascinates me.

(Then again, I was equally fascinated when Stephen Harper took office in Canada)

QUOTE (pallen @ Sep 24 2008, 06:03 PM)

Before the election (2004) some journalist made a pole in many countries, on about 30 countries it appeared that George Bush would have won "only" 3 or 4 among which Australia, Poland and UK.

This is of course not as reliable as a normal vote, just journalist speculating, but I think it's not too far from the reality.

QUOTE (pallen @ Sep 24 2008, 12:03 PM)

(Then again, I was equally fascinated when Stephen Harper took office in Canada)

I guess I am just a stupid American voting for W.

The fact that Canada is considered a country fascinates me.

Another thing that fascinates me is that someone brought politics into this forum. Nice going.

QUOTE (brianlachlan @ Sep 24 2008, 02:36 PM)

Before I say anything else let first bring up BEER*

Hi Brian,

I almost qualify as a "stupid American". If it wasn't against my beleifs I would have voted for W both times. He#$ I'll even go as far as saying that if Nevil Chamberlin (sp?) would have done what W did (pre-empting a dicator before it was too late) we would not know who ....** was. He#$ I think W desrves a spot on Mt. Rushmore.

So you are not alone Brian.

Ben

* I here-by invoke Krings law.

** The criteria for that other law has not been satisfied by the above post.

QUOTE (TobyD @ Sep 24 2008, 05:02 PM)

I'm just curious what you mean by this? Is it against your beliefs to vote?

Toby

Yes.

When Reagan was running for his first term I came to understand that we (humankind) are incapable of governing ourselves. So I did a write-in vote for God since I fealt he could govern us. Since I was the first person into the voting station that day, I walked out thinking "well at least it is starting out 'God 1 everyone else 0' ". When reviewing the detailed poll results days latter I was shocked to see that my vote wasn't even counted. I have not voted since. I am at a point now in my life where I feel I would be turning my back on "The Big Guy" if i voted for anyone else. I follow politic closely just the same. I think it an interesting specator sport.

Ben

QUOTE (brianlachlan @ Sep 24 2008, 11:36 AM)

The fact that Canada is considered a country fascinates me.

Another thing that fascinates me is that someone brought politics into this forum. Nice going.

... must ... resist ... urge ... to ... feed ... troll ...

Jaegen

QUOTE (normandinf @ Sep 24 2008, 08:41 PM)

Internet troll I learn things everyday here!!! And not just LabVIEW. :thumbup:

It's also what Yoopers and Canadians call anyone that live south of the Mackinaw Bridge - hence the beings that live under the bridge :) Incidentally, Detroit is one of the few places where Canada (the city of Windsor, Ontario) is actually south of the USA, so one might summize that Canadians referring to trolls could actually be referring to their own countrymen...