TAG, LAVA is it!

I'll try to condense this to the basics.

The LabVIEW Champion have worked with NI and have received their commitment to look into and follow-up on bugs reported here on LAVA with the following limitations/guidelines.

1) The should be reported by posting the NI Bug Thread. (see example here)

2) NI will evaluate those reports and take appropriate action.

3) If the bug is confirmed, NI will confirm this with an update. If the thread is on the NI forum, they will relpy in that thread. If it is on LAVA, they will reply in the Bug Thread (see example here)

So for LV this is great news but we still have a loose end that LAVA to deal with.

How do we close the loop and get the original thread here on LAVA to reflect the NI follow-up?

In the case I above I updated the LAVA thread with a link to the NI response. But I can't be counted on to keep these threads sync'd up.

So how would LAVA like to handle this last step?

Ben

QUOTE (neB @ Oct 2 2008, 07:43 AM)

How do we close the loop and get the original thread here on LAVA to reflect the NI follow-up?

I've only ever found and reported a couple of LabVIEW bugs, but I do have to say the sheer variety in the number of places where they are posted is annoying. You've got the general NI forums, the NI bug forum, the LAVA bug thread, and who knows where else. Finding out if a bug is a known issue or not is actually fairly difficult and means searching in several different places. (Why on Earth, when you are reporting bugs, would you collect them by the month in which they were discovered?)

Personally, I just with NI would have something publicly available like Bugzilla, but that's probably bad PR.

QUOTE (crelf @ Oct 2 2008, 04:27 PM)

Whoever posts it to the NI Bug Thread will get (by default) and email whenever that thread is updated

That's someone's personal setting (the by default part), you can enable this on posts.

My proposal, the person who reported it to the NI buglist is responsible for the feedback to LAVA. This can easily be done by getting the RSS feed for a specific bug thread and keeping it in a separate group in your aggregator. Then you will be notified if a new response is to that thread. So I would make a new normal NI thread simply stating the bug (might be crosspost) and refer to that NI thread in the NI bug thread so you only get updates for that specific bug.

Ton

PS Crelf, how long have you changed your avator? (must be RSS-reading to long)