Installing OpenG on off-net computers

HChandler,

Chris and Joe pointed you in the right directions.

By far, using VIPM Professional to download and create a VI Package Configuration (*.vipc) file containing the required packages is the easiest approach. (I've just finished updating the page with instructions that Chris referenced.)

Regarding the installation of non-approved software, you'll definitely want to get VIPM and the OpenG packages approved by your organization :) I know that I couldn't live without the OpenG VIs.

If you have any questions or need help with VIPM, please feel free to post to the JKI Software forums or send us a message.

Thanks,

-Jim

I also have to deal with this issue of having all my development done on a non-Internet connected computer. As a word of warning, you might run into a problem with the installation of VIPM 2 on a computer that has been "locked down". VIPM's installation expects to be able to write to your c:\windows directory as well as the c:\program files directory. You might want to do the install of VIPM without LabVIEW on a computer that you have full control over that is connected to the internet, such as a home computer. That being said, OpenG packages are worth the hassle, as is VIPM. Kudo's to Jim and all of JKI for a great program.

• 5 years later...

Sorry to ressurrect an old thread, but this still seemed to be the most recent information... ie, installing VIPM Pro to build a configuration to then take to the non-networked PC to install. 

It still seems to be the latest info available at JKI as well (http://support.jki.net/entries/20625761-How-do-I-transfer-packages-with-VIPM-to-a-non-networked-computer-?page=1#post_24323686).... and as I commented there, it doesn't really make sense to spend $500 to get a free set of tools installed. 

I'd like to get access to the tools, but has anyone outlined a procedure to install the OpenG Tools without a connection, and without VIPM Pro?

thanks,

Mark T.