SQLite WRAPPER for Linux

Gepponline

Hi,

I'm a Labview user that is trying to convert some program from windows to Linux.

At the moment i'm converting a software that use the "SQLite WRAPPER for LabVIEW" but i found some problem with it.

I replaced the lvsqlite.dll with the sqlite3.so but unfortunatelly i think that the prototype of the functions are different.

Does anybody want to help me in this project? I think that SQLite3 is a very usefull database system and very simple to use.

A conversion of this toolkit can improve the usability of LabVIEW for Linux in spite of the NI politics :(

At the moment i converted the Open function and it seems to work.

The exec function is giving me some problems....I'm not a C expert so maybe there is something wrong with the prototype. Take a look at the screenshot, there are my laview prototype and the C structure of the function.

Hope that someone would like to help me. This is only an exercise for me, not a commercial product, so i hope that someone is interested on it.

...ma ciao!

Geppo!

I'm guessing that lvsqlite.dll is actually a wrapper that someone wrote to better interact with LabVIEW. That would explain why the functions don't match. You need to either find the source for the wrapper DLL and port it or write your own wrapper. I would start by talking to whoever wrote the SQLite wrapper.

• 1 year later...

Two years and now i'm here again with the same problem.

Unfortunately the author of the wrapper is missing.

Does anybody think to be able to develop a wrapper for sqlite3 for Linx systems?

Unfortunately i'm only a LabVIEW programmer and i don't know C code so i can not make it by myself, but i think that this could be an important step to improve the labview for Linux usability.

What do you think about it?

Two years and now i'm here again with the same problem.

Unfortunately the author of the wrapper is missing.

Does anybody think to be able to develop a wrapper for sqlite3 for Linx systems?

Unfortunately i'm only a LabVIEW programmer and i don't know C code so i can not make it by myself, but i think that this could be an important step to improve the labview for Linux usability.

What do you think about it?

There is a new LabVIEW SQLite library just recently made available in the uncertified section of the LAVA Code Repository. The requirements listed are Windows and LabVIEW 9.0, but I believe the author of the library included the possibility to use with other platforms such as RT. Try asking your question in that thread ... If you have the time or inclination, you may be able to help add Linux support!