Drop Express VI as icon?

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Oct 16 2008, 01:31 PM)

There's a tools>>options setting that will change it for all Express VIs. I believe your VI will be broken until you visit the node and configure it.

I've looked through all the settings and I must be missing it. There's one that says "Configure Express VIs immediately", but that doesn't do what I want. There's another one that says "Place subVIs as expandable", but that also doesn't work. The help for Express VIs doesn't help me either.

George

Other than the normal advice you would get from some vocal members of not using express VIs, here are two things you can try -

• Call the subVI called by the express VI directly. You won't get the config dialog and you will have to set up an easy way to do this, as the VI will not be in the palettes by default.
  • Create a blank VI and place the express VI in it. Then change the display and add the calling VI to your palettes as a merge VI. I'm guessing this will work, but I haven't tried it.