Vision Assistant 8.2 => use Labview VI

QUOTE (professor_rumsdiegeige @ Oct 28 2008, 04:25 AM)

Hello,

I encounter the following problem when trying to use a custom Labview 8.2 VI from within Vision Assistant 8.2: after selecting this VI, Vision Assistant complains "there is no VI at the path you specified". Has anybody got a solution for that?

Thanks!

Sabine Lorentz

My only suggestions are to triple check the path and make sure the VI is not saved in a hidden directory. Can you post a screenshot to show us how you are calling the VI.

-Toby

I checked the path again. The VI is on my desktop. You can find the VI I try to call and a screenshot how I configure the Vision Assistant in the attachment. Thank you!

QUOTE (TobyD @ Oct 28 2008, 08:46 PM)

My only suggestions are to triple check the path and make sure the VI is not saved in a hidden directory. Can you post a screenshot to show us how you are calling the VI.-Toby

QUOTE (professor_rumsdiegeige @ Oct 29 2008, 01:57 AM)

I checked the path again. The VI is on my desktop. You can find the VI I try to call and a screenshot how I configure the Vision Assistant in the attachment. Thank you!

I am using Vision Assistant 8.6 and everything works fine. Are you able to call any other VIs? If I remember correctly, you have the option of installing Vision Assistant support for LabVIEW when you install Vision. If that didn't get installed it could be your issue. The only other thing I can think of that would cause this error is if you have installed an incompatible version of Vision and LabVIEW, but 8.2 should work with 8.2.

-Toby