Endevo GOOP Development Suite v3.0 - now released!

GOOP Development Suite is a development tool integrated into the LabVIEW project environment enhancing the built-in OO features and providing UML for LabVIEW.

Version 3.0 of GOOP Development Suite is compatible with LabVIEW 8.6!

New features include Clone Method and integration with UML tools from other vendors (XMI export of class diagram). The GOOP2 to GOOP3 upgrade feature has been improved to handle more complex designs.

A number of improvements have been done to further increase the stability of the tool.

Download latest version and free trials:

http://www.endevo.se/index.php/en/Products_Info/Trial.html

Tool info, pricing etc:

http://www.endevo.se/index.php/en/GOOP-Dev-Suite/

The upgrade from v2.5 to v3.0 is free.

For full OO support on LV 6.1 and up: use the GOOP Inheritance Toolkit and UML Modeller v1 (runs on LV 7.1 and up).

About the GOOP Development Suite...

Let me comment on a common misunderstanding: "I don't need this tool because I only use standard LabVIEW classes". Wrong(!), because we provide a lot of great features to streamline lvclass development. Here are some examples:

- This tool helps you create/clone/rename standard lvclass really fast, we use class templates that gives you Init and a CleanUp methods by default.

- The Add Method feature helps you create standard methods, and override methods, just click and select available overrides, or get-set methods, again just click and select what class data you want a get/set method for.

- All created code is added to the project, stored in the file system and has correct VI icons. You can even define your own class wire.

- Use the integrated UML editor to sketch out a design and generate classes into your LabVIEW project. Add classes, methods, class data, define relationships like inheritance and composition in UML and the tool will generate all the code into the project! You can hardly create LabVIEW code faster than this.

- Generate a UML class diagram directly from the code in your project. The UML class diagram gives you an excellent overview of the design, similar to VI hierarchy but more elaborate. Inheritance, composition and associations will be found and visualized in UML. You can even browse the code from the UML diagram, just ctrl-click on a method and the VI will be launched.

- If you use by-reference classes all the features above are of course provided. We enable you to choose by-value or by-reference as needed and mixed in the same proj. The UML editor can reverse engineer by-value and by-reference classes into the same class diagram! And if you add a method in UML and synch to code the tool will choose the correct method template for that class (by-value or by-reference).

- The tool can visualize your state machine VIs in UML state diagrams. Use your own state machine template.

Thanks from

Jan and Mike

Endevo

www.endevo.se

A sidetrack...but anyway:

In the UML Modeller you have a drawing tool that would be great to use for other purposes.

In my case I need the ability to add text comments, arrows, boxes etc. to a graph...as part of a report tool. The picture properties of the graph control makes integrating the picture and the graph simple enough...but I still need code to handle all the objects so that they can be moved, resized, deleted etc.

I assume you do not have any plans on making that part of the package open source :rolleyes: ...

ExpressionFlow has a good example that lets you draw multiple figures and delete them sequencially, but are there anyone who has made a more complete drawing package in LV that is available for others?

QUOTE (Mads @ Nov 5 2008, 04:49 PM)

A sidetrack...but anyway:

In my case I need the ability to add text comments, arrows, boxes etc. to a graph...as part of a report tool. The picture properties of the graph control makes integrating the picture and the graph simple enough...but I still need code to handle all the objects so that they can be moved, resized, deleted etc.

I assume you do not have any plans on making that part of the package open source :rolleyes: ...

I see what you mean. Unfortunately you are right, we donĀ“t have any plans on turning parts of tool into open source.

Perhaps we should extract the components into a report API and sell that too. :)

Jan

Sure, if the drawing code was made into a general API then I would buy it...

For graphs you could have an API where all you needed to do was to feed a reference to the graph to a VI from the tool...and voila - now you can draw figures and write text on the graph. :thumbup: