Need help to convert a VI from LabView 8.5 down to 8.2

yabbi

My friend wrote a VI for me using LabView 8.5. I found it could not run on my LabView 8.2. This VI included an event structure which I can not create using my basic package. Who can help me to re-write this simple VI with LabView 8.2 and post it here. Your help is truely appreciated.

My friend wrote a VI for me using LabView 8.5. I found it could not run on my LabView 8.2. This VI included an event structure which I can not create using my basic package. Who can help me to re-write this simple VI with LabView 8.2 and post it here. Your help is truely appreciated.

You could have your friend save the VI for version 8.2 and not have to re-write it.

Otherwise just duplicating the VI's block diagram and front panel in 8.2 would work based on a cursory examination of the section of block diagram you presented. Didn't appear to be anything unusual there.

Jason

QUOTE (jasonw @ Nov 5 2008, 07:28 AM)

Otherwise just duplicating the VI's block diagram and front panel in 8.2 would work based on a cursory examination of the section of block diagram you presented. Didn't appear to be anything unusual there.

Jason

True, but what he was getting at is, he has the BASE version of LV which doesn't allow editing event structures. If your code has one, you can use it in the BASE version, but you can't add it or modify it.

N.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Nov 5 2008, 11:00 AM)

True, but what he was getting at is, he has the BASE version of LV which doesn't allow editing event structures. If your code has one, you can use it in the BASE version, but you can't add it or modify it.

:oops: Oh. I did not realize that. Too many years since I worked with the base version.

Thanks for clarifying.

Jason