SearchWiki - Be nice to LAVA

I don't trust Google... :ninja: ... but I like it. I wonder what they're trying to replace with this; my first thought was that I could use it like I use Delicious. If they'd only add LabVIEW to Google Docs I'd never have to leave (oh, yeah, they'd need to add Emacs, too. I gotta have my Emacs! :wub: )

post-7534-1227361159.gif?width=400

The changes you make only affect your own searches. But SearchWiki also is a great way to share your insights with other searchers. You can see how the community has collectively edited the search results by clicking on the "See all notes for this SearchWiki" link

At least at the moment, it looks like unless people actively add comments and click that link (which is way down in the bottom), the voting is kind of meaningless for something like LAVA.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Nov 22 2008, 02:57 AM)

SearchWiki was announced yesterday. Please help LAVA, by commenting in a positive way, any LAVA related search results. Also you can bump up results too.

This is probably Google's way of slowly allowing user defined search results. If so, let's give LAVA a head start.

I don't have a problem doing it, but:

- it only "works" if you are logged into Google account while searching, otherwise you (user) will not be able to see it. I don't know about most people, but I am rarely logged into G account...

- It's doubtful that Google will use this promotion/demotion in the search results page to influence general web page ranking as it could open it to very easy "gaming"....