How can i make a 2D Array with Boolean LED's

miab2234

QUOTE (miab2234 @ Nov 23 2008, 02:15 PM)

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make an 2D array with Boolean LED's which one by one on and off :)

Waiting for reply

miab

If you Write an array of ones and zeroes to the Array of Boolean Indicators, the values will reflect the 1 & 0 of the source array.

The source can be the result of some process, a constant placed on the Block Diagram, or a Control placed on the Front Panel user interface. The Write function is accomplished by the use of a wire attached from the the source icon to the sinking icon of the indicator array.

On the Block Diagram you will see a Constant, Control or other process Source wired to the icon of an Indicator that is an array of like dimension and type to the source.

Perhaps you should shows us and example of your own work so we can properly address the specific problem you are having rather than forcing us to be general and unspecific in answering your request.

Mike

QUOTE (mross @ Nov 23 2008, 07:34 PM)

If you Write an array of ones and zeroes to the Array of Boolean Indicators, the values will reflect the 1 & 0 of the source array.

The source can be the result of some process, a constant placed on the Block Diagram, or a Control placed on the Front Panel user interface. The Write function is accomplished by the use of a wire attached from the the source icon to the sinking icon of the indicator array.

On the Block Diagram you will see a Constant, Control or other process Source wired to the icon of an Indicator that is an array of like dimension and type to the source.

Perhaps you should shows us and example of your own work so we can properly address the specific problem you are having rather than forcing us to be general and unspecific in answering your request.

Mike

QUOTE (miab2234 @ Nov 23 2008, 08:41 PM)

Hi i uploaded a data (Mike).

The problems are

1.In my programm it shows only 1D array.(Actually i need 2D array.It can be squre)

2.It is going to the 2. LED and it stops.( I want that it should continue to go further and comeback in 2D) so long i stop the programm

waiting for reply

miab

QUOTE (miab2234 @ Nov 23 2008, 03:30 PM)

It do but the 2. Problem is it stops at 2. LED.But i want that it continuous.How can i do that ?

Miab,

It stops at 2 because you're comparing the value in the shift register (initialized at 1) with a constant 1 inside the loop. This loop will only execute one time and, even if you changed this comparison, it will never become a 2-D array of LEDs that go on and off one by one. I'm not sure where you were going with your VI so I wrote my own! :D The code is commented so you might be able to see what I had in mind (I have good days, and I have bad days :wacko: ). This approach is limited, but I don't know what your requirements are so I didn't spend too much time on it. Let me know if you need more than 64 elements in your 2-D array and I'll try to help you figure it out.

Jim

QUOTE (jcarmody @ Nov 23 2008, 11:29 PM)

Miab,

It stops at 2 because you're comparing the value in the shift register (initialized at 1) with a constant 1 inside the loop. This loop will only execute one time and, even if you changed this comparison, it will never become a 2-D array of LEDs that go on and off one by one. I'm not sure where you were going with your VI so I wrote my own! :D The code is commented so you might be able to see what I had in mind (I have good days, and I have bad days :wacko: ). This approach is limited, but I don't know what your requirements are so I didn't spend too much time on it. Let me know if you need more than 64 elements in your 2-D array and I'll try to help you figure it out.

Jim

Hi Guys,

I want to go further with the programm and i want to make an LED showing EX:ABC and continous still i press Stop

QUOTE (miab2234 @ Nov 24 2008, 09:54 AM)

Hi Guys,

I want to go further with the programm and i want to make an LED showing EX:ABC and continous still i press Stop

I don't know what you mean by "make an LED showing EX:ABC". I looked at the VI you attached and found it strangely familiar :unsure: ... All you did was replace the boolean indicator and translate the comments.

Jim

QUOTE (jcarmody @ Nov 24 2008, 10:59 AM)

I don't know what you mean by "make an LED showing EX:ABC". I looked at the VI you attached and found it strangely familiar :unsure: ... All you did was replace the boolean indicator and translate the comments.

Jim

I have a feeling what he's going for is an LED "sign" ... I don't see a terribly good way of doing that without having a constant for each character and then doing a sort of merge of the A, B, and C arrays to make the array indicator show 'ABC'.

QUOTE (normandinf @ Nov 24 2008, 06:53 PM)

To say abut me. Actually am a student in Austria and i am trying my best for learning Labview.I am new in labview and i am searching the questions in the books and i am trying to solve it but i cant come further.

Thats why i thought its the best way to ask someone,how the people solve the problems.We dont have any homeworks concerning to labview and i have no subject about Labview :). I am trying of my own nothing more then that.

I thought its good to learn it.

best regards,

Miab

QUOTE (jcarmody @ Nov 24 2008, 04:59 PM)

I don't know what you mean by "make an LED showing EX:ABC". I looked at the VI you attached and found it strangely familiar
:unsure:
... All you did was replace the boolean indicator and translate the comments.

Jim

I thought the way i was going right to make (Alphabets in boolean).Its look its not the right way.I thought i will first learn how to make one by one blink LEDS after that i can make alphabets through it,but i couldnt come further.That why i requested that,can we go further with the programm and make Alphabets(any 2 or 3 alphabets).

That was my achievment :)

Miab

QUOTE (miab2234 @ Nov 24 2008, 03:46 PM)

To say abut me. Actually am a student in Austria and i am trying my best for learning Labview.I am new in labview and i am searching the questions in the books and i am trying to solve it but i cant come further.

Thats why i thought its the best way to ask someone,how the people solve the problems.We dont have any homeworks concerning to labview and i have no subject about Labview :). I am trying of my own nothing more then that.

I thought its good to learn it.

It sure is Miab. And you'll find LabVIEW is a powerful tool to enable programming all sorts of things, from instrumentation, user interfaces, data analysis or management and much more. But the best way to learn, IMHO, is to tackle problems that are progressive and reflect best what is your current knowledge of the software. I suggest you try running the tutorials or have a look at NI examples that ship with LabVIEW.

On these forums, you'll find great help with surprising rapidity and "volunteering" (is that a word?), however you should note a few things: a) your questions must be clear and to the point; b) you have to demonstrate a will to resolve yourself the problems before asking for help, such as showing us what youMve already tried; and c) it's an open-source community, meaning you'll find many pieces of code in the existing forums, code repository or wiki. Search those before you ask a question. You'll be surprised how we've probably asked the same type of questions you're asking right now. We all started as newbies in LabVIEW at some point. If you don't find it, then please go ahead and create a new topic.

see you around, ;)

QUOTE (normandinf @ Nov 24 2008, 10:01 PM)

It sure is Miab. And you'll find LabVIEW is a powerful tool to enable programming all sorts of things, from instrumentation, user interfaces, data analysis or management and much more. But the best way to learn, IMHO, is to tackle problems that are progressive and reflect best what is your current knowledge of the software. I suggest you try running the tutorials or have a look at NI examples that ship with LabVIEW.

On these forums, you'll find great help with surprising rapidity and "volunteering" (is that a word?), however you should note a few things: a) your questions must be clear and to the point; b) you have to demonstrate a will to resolve yourself the problems before asking for help, such as showing us what youMve already tried; and c) it's an open-source community, meaning you'll find many pieces of code in the existing forums, code repository or wiki. Search those before you ask a question. You'll be surprised how we've probably asked the same type of questions you're asking right now. We all started as newbies in LabVIEW at some point. If you don't find it, then please go ahead and create a new topic.

see you around, ;)

Hi,

I got the exact word in english.Actually i want to make the LED-Ticker with any three Alphaphets.

miab

I remind everyone that the standard method to reply to posts that you think are from members seeking homework is to tag it "Homework". If you think the post violates our policies in some way, then click on the "! REPORT" button next to the post and list your concerns to the admin or moderator.

:!: Do NOT reply to the thread with your suspicions. Doing so may be considered malicious, is against our forum rules and opens YOU up to a suspension period. :!: