Binary

vultac

Hi guys, ive been wondering if there is anywhere in labview that i could program something so that the 1st 2bits would stay constant after i apply an addition to the previous set of bits after a for loop everyttime?

for eg.

(starting bit) (first 2 bits doesnt change) (first 2 bit doesnt change)

00000010 -> 00000110 -> 00001110 ???

QUOTE (vultac @ Nov 29 2008, 06:43 PM)

Hi guys, ive been wondering if there is anywhere in labview that i could program something so that the 1st 2bits would stay constant after i apply an addition to the previous set of bits after a for loop everyttime?

for eg.

The tools you need are in the Programming >> Boolean and Programming >> Numeric >> Data Manipulation palettes. The boolean logic functions (AND/OR/XOR/etc.) will all operate bitwise if you pass in U32/I32/etc. data, and there are also shift and rotate functions.

QUOTE (vultac @ Nov 29 2008, 06:43 PM)

for eg.

If you want to leave the lower two bits alone, then simply increment by 4; incrementing by 8 leaves the lower 3 bits alone, by 16 leaves the lower 4 alone, etc.