writing a value to a web browser running outside labVIEW environment

QUOTE (kaarthik_kaarthik @ Dec 10 2008, 10:35 PM)

Crosspost >> http://forums.lavag.org/Reading-and-writin...ser-t12625.html

Can you be a more detailed about what you mean by writing a value to the web browser from LabVIEW. Do you want to open up a browser from LV and open a specific URL (use System Exec for this), or do you want to run a web server in LV and then connect to the LV web server from a browser and retrieve data from LV using the browser?

Which version of LV do you have? Depending on the version of LV that you have there are different internet connectivity tools available.

thanks for the prompt reply,i have a HTML file which i will be opening in LabVIEW.I have attached the HTML file here.There is a property/variable called as flashvars,which i want to access and change the volume level value.Which in turn will be accessed by flash player and display it in the web browser.

i'm using LabVIEW 8.6.

Or is there any other method by which i can show the change in knob/dial position in LabVIEW to web browser flash object?

Thanks in advance.

With Kind Regards,

A.Karthikeyan

QUOTE (kaarthik_kaarthik @ Dec 12 2008, 12:19 AM)

thanks for the prompt reply,i have a HTML file which i will be opening in LabVIEW.I have attached the HTML file here.There is a property/variable called as flashvars,which i want to access and change the volume level value.Which in turn will be accessed by flash player and display it in the web browser.

You should be able to open, edit, and save the html file like any other text file. Read it in as a string, find the flashVars/volumeLevel variable and change it, then write it back to the file. It would then be the responsibility of the browser or of Flash to notice that the file had changed and to adjust the volume level accordingly.

QUOTE (eaolson @ Dec 13 2008, 01:07 AM)

You should be able to open, edit, and save the html file like any other text file. Read it in as a string, find the flashVars/volumeLevel variable and change it, then write it back to the file. It would then be the responsibility of the browser or of Flash to notice that the file had changed and to adjust the volume level accordingly.

Thankyou Eaolson for the reply, i'm doing the same now,but wanted to check if there is a better way to handle this situation.If at all you have any other method,pls do let me know.

With Regards,

Kaarthik

• 3 weeks later...

I am also trying to do this and am having difficulty getting it done. How are you writing back to the file that is on the server? I am trying to open a web page, change values on it, then save it. On the web page there are "Save" buttons that appear to call a document.write function. I can get the html document, modify it but writing it back is the problem...

any suggestions?