How to programatically determine type of controls in a cluster

Imagineer

Hello All,

Am new to this forum with some expectation, and contribution! Currently expecting some reasonable answer or even better if I get to know how to find it?

Am using LabVIEW 8.6 and just 1 month old to LabVIEW.

Am developing software to automate test system and also generate a professional report. My approach here is to make the report very much auto configured as per GUI design (in short changes in GUI programatically gets reflected in Report format), so as to have easy configurability.

To achieve this I should be programmatically be able to determine the type of control each cluster has and act accordingly. A cluster may have a set of controls and as well another cluster.

I have access to “Controls[]” in property node of the cluster, but am unable to find a way to determine which type of control it is – Boolean (True/False), Text, Ring, Combolist, etc. If I get hold of this then I can put them in a for loop and take action on all controls present in the cluster depending on the type of control - Not all, there will be a default to take care of non-utilised controls and shall update as required!

Am just guessing - will variant be a solution to this or am wrong?

Also will it be possible to remove border visibility of a cluster in front panel, so I can have a structured program without getting reflected in front panel?

Hope to get a response.

Thanks and Regards,

Tirthankar De