Block Diagram resolution

I was wondering what is the typical screen resolution used in the industry for programming on the block diagram? I assume if you are working in a group of developers, all of them would be using the same resolution? Typical style rules are to try to maintain your block diagram on a single screen, and if not that, make sure you only need to scroll in one direction. But as many of you have probably experienced, what you can put on a "single" screen is different depending the the resolution of the environment, for example I was given a program from another developer that was created using a widescreen monitor. This is not his fault since he was probably not told otherwise, but it makes looking through his code a chore for me.

Used to be the typical resolution of most PCs at our shop was 1024x768

Now most PCs are 1280x1024 or higher. So we've I guess "standardized" at that resolution. (Although I'm still at 10x7 on my laptop because I haven't managed to kill it yet)

• 2 weeks later...

At work I'm at 1280 X 1024, but it's hardly a standard. What's even worst is some developers are wide screen some are standard. Most the systems the software is going into is standard 4:3, but some controls act funny when the monitor is not at its native aspect ratio and native resolution. One thing I noticed is circles may appear to be ovals if you are not at the full native resolution of a monitor.

Back in the day of a few size choices of CRT monitors there used to be a "standard" (I don't even remember what it was it was so long ago) but not any more. There are simply too many LCD's with different sizes and resolutions now days. If there is a standard it's "keep the block diagram on one screen".

QUOTE (PaulG. @ Dec 31 2008, 02:40 PM)

If there is a standard it's "keep the block diagram on one screen".

Especially when you're doing a lot of property and/or method node work, or woring with parallel loop architectures, I say limit scrolling to one direction only (horizontally or vertically - never both).

• 5 weeks later...