Renaming VIs Dynamically

QUOTE (Ton @ Dec 29 2008, 03:45 PM)

You can do it manually as Ton suggested or there is an Open G install by Jim Kring called Rename Folder of VIs that will install into your LabVIEW runtime menu.

QUOTE (Ton @ Dec 29 2008, 12:15 PM)

Ton,

I am Trying to Rename the VIs Dynamically Using Scripting Renaming by using Save Instrument is Similar to File-->Save AS-->Create Unopened Disk Copy. But I am Looking for some thing similar to File-->Save AS-->Substitute copy for Original .

As by using Save Instrument and deleting the Original Copy I was able to Acheive the Functionality but I Think That is In efficient.

So I am Looking for some other Algo or Functions In LabVIEW

Thanks Ton,

Malani

QUOTE (malani @ Dec 29 2008, 08:06 AM)

Ton,

I am Trying to Rename the VIs Dynamically Using Scripting Renaming by using Save Instrument is Similar to File-->Save AS-->Create Unopened Disk Copy. But I am Looking for some thing similar to File-->Save AS-->Substitute copy for Original .

As by using Save Instrument and deleting the Original Copy I was able to Acheive the Functionality but I Think That is In efficient.

So I am Looking for some other Algo or Functions In LabVIEW

What is inefficient about that? It's exactly how the Substitute copy for Original is implemented only without the delete afterwards as the original file remains on disk.

You do need to think about feelings you have. Just because something does feel inefficient does not mean it has to be so. If it works and does what you want, why going to try to make a supergalactic solution instead? Not even a NASA budget could help you there :rolleyes:

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (rolfk @ Dec 29 2008, 02:00 PM)

What is inefficient about that? It's exactly how the Substitute copy for Original is implemented only without the delete afterwards as the original file remains on disk.

You do need to think about feelings you have. Just because something does feel inefficient does not mean it has to be so. If it works and does what you want, why going to try to make a supergalactic solution instead? Not even a NASA budget could help you there :rolleyes:

Rolf Kalbermatter

The advantage of substitute fir orginal copy is, I will get relinked in all the instances that are there in memory so, He just has to open the top level and Save all the VIs in memory or else he need to play with the VI Refnum and relink @ every instance

QUOTE (Variant @ Jan 2 2009, 09:52 PM)

The advantage of substitute fir orginal copy is, I will get relinked in all the instances that are there in memory so, He just has to open the top level and Save all the VIs in memory or else he need to play with the VI Refnum and relink @ every instance

Save Instrument, will link all items in memory to the new path, you only have to resave them (just as the menu option).

Ton