NI Certification Question (Just plan to do - The 1st step)

Dear all,

I want to learn middle level labview and take the exam. I just graduate and don't have job, so I can't afford to pay $5500. Is there any book that I can buy to study myself? Can I just take the exam instead of buying the whole package? How much will it cost for the exam only? Anyone has the experience please help

QUOTE (jgcode @ Jan 3 2009, 08:43 AM)

Thanks

I have a few years of experience on Labview, so I think I am OK on CLAD

I really want to know

Dear all,

I have some question too, I am going to do the CLD exam.

1.How much will it cost to take the CLD exam?

2.Does CLD exam require you know some special function of Labview? for example, ask you to do rs232 connection with equipment, activeX, using NI-DAQmx, etc

3. Where I can buy the course manuals

4. What book is good for studying CLD exam?

5. Do I know the CLD exam result right away?

6. Any good guide to study the exam?

QUOTE (zmarcoz @ Jan 3 2009, 10:51 PM)

1. I am in a different country but at the time it was ~ US$200 (discount for NI Alliance member may have applied)

2. No, your objective is constructing a working VI from a given spec [E.g. Traffic Light, Security System, Carwash] and being marked on Functionality, Documentation and Style. It is software development, not hardware so there is no NI-DAQ, Serial and there is no ActiveX.

3. Contact NI Training

4. The manuals are great. You really only need Intermediate I as Intermediate II is about connectivity (VI server, TCP/IP, ActiveX) and whilst great stuff is not critical IMHO. LabVIEW For Everyone is still a great resource for CLD IMHO

5. No, I am under the impression that a certain group of people at NI mark the exams for consistency so there is a turn around cost associated with this (they said 2 weeks in my country, but it was more like 4-5 weeks - but it was around NI Week time so I cut them some slack)

6. [E-Kit] Yes read the course manuals, do the examples, the prep course, read lots (LAVA is great) and practice as time is tight for some (if not all) of the specs