Transferring binary files from cRIO9004 to PC

vijay_ved

Hello

I have logged a stream of data (using LabVIEW 8.2) through RS232 port of cRIO9004 and saved it as Binary file in RT controller's memory. Now I want to transfer it to my laptop, where with another VI I'll process the saved data.(Off-line analysis) How to do this?

Also I'd like to use the User1 Dip Switch of cRIO9004 for switching the case structure for Data logging and Downloading to Laptop. Is it possible? If so pl. let me know.

Thanks

vijay_ved

QUOTE (vijay_ved @ Jan 7 2009, 06:03 AM)

Hello

I have logged a stream of data (using LabVIEW 8.2) through RS232 port of cRIO9004 and saved it as Binary file in RT controller's memory. Now I want to transfer it to my laptop, where with another VI I'll process the saved data.(Off-line analysis) How to do this?

Also I'd like to use the User1 Dip Switch of cRIO9004 for switching the case structure for Data logging and Downloading to Laptop. Is it possible? If so pl. let me know.

Thanks

vijay_ved

The cRIO provides an FTP server; from your laptop you can simply FTP to your cRIO (ftp://crio.ip.address) and copy the files. You can also use the FTP VIs in the Internet Toolkit to do this programmatically. There's no need for your code to provide a separate transfer mechanism, although you could write one if you wanted using the TCP/IP functions.