[SOLVED] <vilib>:NIScanEngine ilvce.dll missing during build

PeterB

This post is to follow up from here where I reported that NIScanEngine\nilvce.dll couldn't be found during a build I was attempting. It was a non fatal error as the exe still built.

NI gave me a solution by suppyling me with the missing directory and files (zipped up) which you install to here

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\NIScanEngine\

Unless NI have posted these files on their website, please contact ni.com/ask and ask for the application engineer to send you a copy of NIScanEngine.zip

regards

Peter

I had the same error, but it was fatal for my build. Same solution as yours.

QUOTE (PeterB @ Jan 11 2009, 06:55 PM)

This post is to follow up from http://forums.lavag.org/-t11544.html&view=findpost&p=55706' target="_blank">here where I reported that NIScanEngine\nilvce.dll couldn't be found during a build I was attempting. It was a non fatal error as the exe still built.

NI gave me a solution by suppyling me with the missing directory and files (zipped up) which you install to here

Unless NI have posted these files on their website, please contact ni.com/ask and ask for the application engineer to send you a copy of NIScanEngine.zip

regards

Peter

QUOTE (gleichman @ Jan 11 2009, 08:32 PM)

I had the same error, but it was fatal for my build. Same solution as yours.

What were you using that required that dll? Some scan engine related VI? Did you have real-time installed? I'm trying to figure out how you got into this situation so that perhaps I can fix it.

thanks,

greg

QUOTE (GregG @ Jan 13 2009, 04:29 AM)

What were you using that required that dll? Some scan engine related VI? Did you have real-time installed? I'm trying to figure out how you got into this situation so that perhaps I can fix it.

thanks,

greg

I installed LV v8.6 PDS (under/with a VLA/VLM) and the first time I went to build my application I got the error. I don't have LVRT installed.

My local NI app'n engineer told me there is already an associated CAR# but will get it to me later.

Greg are you an NI employee ? What is your motivation for fixing the problem e.g. are you experiencing it too ?

regards

Peter

QUOTE (GregG @ Jan 12 2009, 12:29 PM)

thanks,

greg

No LVRT. I have DevSuite installed with LabVIEW 8.6 PDS. I never figured out what the culprit was. I sent code into NI that was causing the problem, but due to some organizational issues on my part the submission was incomplete. By the time I got my code structure fixed, I figured that NI had the problem corrected. What do you mean by scan engine?

QUOTE (PeterB @ Jan 12 2009, 04:24 PM)

I installed LV v8.6 PDS (under/with a VLA/VLM) and the first time I went to build my application I got the error. I don't have LVRT installed.

My local NI app'n engineer told me there is already an associated CAR# but will get it to me later.

Greg are you an NI employee ? What is your motivation for fixing the problem e.g. are you experiencing it too ?

regards

Peter

Yes, I am an NI employee, and I specifically work on the code related to nilvce.dll.

thanks for the reply,

greg

QUOTE (PeterB @ Jan 12 2009, 04:24 PM)

regards

Peter

Yes, I am an NI employee, and I specifically work on the code related to nilvce.dll.

thanks for the reply,

greg

CAR# 140034

QUOTE (PeterB @ Jan 12 2009, 10:55 AM)

This post is to follow up from http://forums.lavag.org/-t11544.html&view=findpost&p=55706' target="_blank">here where I reported that NIScanEngine\nilvce.dll couldn't be found during a build I was attempting. It was a non fatal error as the exe still built.

regards

Peter

• 2 months later...