Grouping DAQmx physical channels

Hi all,

I'm building a list of available DO physical channels and when a user selects multiple channels, the result I get is a string like this:

"Dev2/port1/line0, Dev2/port1/line1, Dev2/port1/line2, Dev2/port1/line3, Dev2/port1/line5, Dev2/port1/line6"

but when I select multiple channels from the Browse button of the physical channels control, then I get a much simpler "Dev2/port1/line0:3, Dev2/port1/line5:6".

Is there an easy way to group a list of single channels?

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (normandinf @ Jan 12 2009, 04:11 PM)

Hi all,

I'm building a list of available DO physical channels and when a user selects multiple channels, the result I get is a string like this:

"Dev2/port1/line0, Dev2/port1/line1, Dev2/port1/line2, Dev2/port1/line3, Dev2/port1/line5, Dev2/port1/line6"

but when I select multiple channels from the Browse button of the physical channels control, then I get a much simpler "Dev2/port1/line0:3, Dev2/port1/line5:6".

Is there an easy way to group a list of single channels?

Sorry that I don't have an answer for you, but I will supply a "bump" for your thread ;) . Maybe someone has created a VI that compiles a nice ranged (colons) grouping of channels based on user input that does not use strings?

There's this thing: (sorry for two pictures, should be one, either my computer or the IPS is misbehaving.