LabView 8.2 and 8.6

Maci

Greatings, we have started a motion control project in LabView 8.2. We kept going with this version until the project completion this past week. We now have Version 8.6, which we want (woke up!) to use instead of 8.2 for future upgrades of the design. When opening the RT vi, the follwing files could not be loaded. I was told that these are part the NI Drivers. I did install these drivers, and still could not be loaded. I looked them up using Windows explorer, but could not find them. Are these hidden files? Are they stored differently between the 8.2 and 8.6? Please, help.

The RT vi attempts to loaded these files from <vilib>:\motion\softmotion\nisoftmotion\

... by searching in C:\Programe Files\National Instruments\LabView 8.6\instr.lib\niTuner\dependency

nimcDMTG_SetTimerPeriodAllAxes.vi

nimcDMTG_DeleteInstance.vi

nimcDMTG_StopCoordinate.vi

nimcDMTG_SatrtCoordinate.vi

nimcDMTG_LVSetCoordinatePositions.vi

nimcDMTG_GetCoordTrajData.vi

nimcDMTG_SetAxesInCoordinateSpace.vi

nimcDMTG_CreateInstance.vi

nimcDMTG_Execute.vi

_nimcDMTG_CoordinateMoveType.vi

_nimcDMTG_nimcDMTG_CS_Enum.ctl

nimcDMTG_LVWriteCoordinateData.vi

_nimcDMMain_CommInterface_Data.ctl

QUOTE (Ton @ Jan 14 2009, 10:06 AM)

Did you install the motion toolkit after LabVIEW 8.6 RealTime?

Ton

Ton, is this kit something that is automatically part of the 8.6 version or is it a separate option that needs to be purchase? Our 8.6 package was a separately purchase all together.

Your code uses motion which is a seperate toolkit (allthough I think you can install the 8.2 version on 8.6).

You have that toolkit installed on LabVIEW 8.2.

Now you need to install the toolkit on LabVIEW 8.6, look through your 8.2 CD and try to find the toolkit.

It might happen that installing the toolkit on 8.6 deinstalls the toolkit on 8.6.

Ton

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Ton @ Jan 19 2009, 03:20 AM)

Your code uses motion which is a seperate toolkit (allthough I think you can install the 8.2 version on 8.6).

You have that toolkit installed on LabVIEW 8.2.

Now you need to install the toolkit on LabVIEW 8.6, look through your 8.2 CD and try to find the toolkit.

It might happen that installing the toolkit on 8.6 deinstalls the toolkit on 8.6.

Ton

Thank you for your input, Ton. I figured it out. Thank you, again

• 1 month later...