4 MCQs question, please help

GSR

Please tell me which are the correct answer !!

1) In LabVIEW, you may print to all of the following, EXCEPT:

A Printer

B HTML

C Plain Text

D All of the above are possible printing options <== My choice

2) Delays should be added to While Loops:

A to reserve memory.

B to reserve CPU usage. <== My understand is that "reserve is passively saving" <== my choice

C to free up memory.

D to free up CPU usage. <== My understand is that " free up is actively eliminating"

3) To place an Express VI on the Block Diagram you would select it from the:

A Controls Palette <== I can find a table express VI here (I assume express VI are the VIs have blue think boundary)

B Functions Palette <== This must be correct

C Icon Palette

D Tools Palette

4) If an Error Cluster displays a non-zero error code coupled with a status of FALSE, it signals:

A a non-fatal error.

B a fatal error.

C a warning. <== my choice, because status of False means no error??

D no error.

If C in Q4 is correct, what should I see in the error cluster display if a non-fatal error happen?

Please tell me which are the correct answer !!

A Printer

B HTML

C Plain Text

A to reserve memory.

B to reserve CPU usage. <== My understand is that "reserve is passively saving" <== my choice

C to free up memory.

D to free up CPU usage. <== My understand is that " free up is actively eliminating"

A Controls Palette <== I can find a table express VI here (I assume express VI are the VIs have blue think boundary)

C Icon Palette

D Tools Palette

4) If an Error Cluster displays a non-zero error code coupled with a status of FALSE, it signals:

A a non-fatal error.

B a fatal error.

D no error.

If C in Q4 is correct, what should I see in the error cluster display if a non-fatal error happen?

QUOTE (zmarcoz @ Jan 14 2009, 07:11 PM)

A Printer

B HTML

C Plain Text

D - I had to look it up

A to reserve memory.

C to free up memory.

D - By adding delays you are halting the loop execution and freeing up the processor for other loops/tasks/processes/threads. You are not actively reserving the CPU for anything specifically.

C Icon Palette

D Tools Palette

B - pick the 'most' correct answer, not just any correct answer. The question may not be worded 100% correct, but if you understand what the question is asking (trying to ask), then answer so. Knowing what the question is intending to ask is part of knowing LV well.

A a non-fatal error.

B a fatal error.

D no error.

C - to my knowledge there is no standard definition of a fatal vs. non-fatal error. Normally warnings are events where the normal execution of the VI can continue, while an error means the normal execution can not continue (which may be called fatal by some, but not by others). Resetting and restarting the operation may be enough to fix an error, which therefore may not be considered fatal.

QUOTE (zmarcoz @ Jan 14 2009, 07:11 PM)

A Printer

B HTML

C Plain Text

D - I had to look it up

A to reserve memory.

C to free up memory.

D - By adding delays you are halting the loop execution and freeing up the processor for other loops/tasks/processes/threads. You are not actively reserving the CPU for anything specifically.

C Icon Palette

D Tools Palette

B - pick the 'most' correct answer, not just any correct answer. The question may not be worded 100% correct, but if you understand what the question is asking (trying to ask), then answer so. Knowing what the question is intending to ask is part of knowing LV well.

A a non-fatal error.

B a fatal error.

D no error.

C - to my knowledge there is no standard definition of a fatal vs. non-fatal error. Normally warnings are events where the normal execution of the VI can continue, while an error means the normal execution can not continue (which may be called fatal by some, but not by others). Resetting and restarting the operation may be enough to fix an error, which therefore may not be considered fatal.