Discarding Run-time Shortcut Menu

Hi,

I am trying to find out if there is any way to know when a user discard a Run-time Shortcut Menu (in LV 8.2, 8.5 or 8.6).

For instance I am trying to find out when the user either:

• Press ESC when the Run-time Shortcut Menu is visible
  • Click outside (of any LabVIEW window) to "escape" the Run-time Shortcut Menu

As far as I can tell there is no way to get this information.

Thanks

PJM

Hi,

I am trying to find out if there is any way to know when a user discard a Run-time Shortcut Menu (in LV 8.2, 8.5 or 8.6).

For instance I am trying to find out when the user either:

As far as I can tell there is no way to get this information.

Thanks

PJM

QUOTE (PJM_labview @ Jan 16 2009, 05:25 PM)

I am trying to find out when the user either:

In LabVIEW 8.6 there is a private event called "Shortcut Menu Dismissed". There's also the equally-handy "Operate Menu Dismissed" that fires when you dismiss the operate menu of a ring, enum, etc.

-D

QUOTE (PJM_labview @ Jan 16 2009, 05:25 PM)

I am trying to find out when the user either:

In LabVIEW 8.6 there is a private event called "Shortcut Menu Dismissed". There's also the equally-handy "Operate Menu Dismissed" that fires when you dismiss the operate menu of a ring, enum, etc.

-D

QUOTE (Darren @ Jan 17 2009, 12:10 AM)

-D

True, but there is no such private events for a right-click on the Pane, only on a control/indicator. (Anyway, as far as I know...)

QUOTE (Darren @ Jan 17 2009, 12:10 AM)

-D

True, but there is no such private events for a right-click on the Pane, only on a control/indicator. (Anyway, as far as I know...)

QUOTE (normandinf @ Jan 16 2009, 07:32 PM)

I see that you use the input VIs to solve this issue. Unfortunately, I need a cross platform solution and the input VIs do not exist on Mac.

Note: If I can not find another solution, I will use this.

QUOTE (Darren @ Jan 16 2009, 09:10 PM)

-D

This is good to know. Now I just have to figure out how to do that in LV 8.2...

I found a way to get at the "click outside of LV" info. I create an asynchronous VI with both attributes of "floating" and "hide when LV not active" set to true. When this VI "FP.State" becomes "hidden" I fire a user event that tells me that LV has becomes "inactive".

Now I am left with trying to find out whe the user escape out (press ESC) of the Run-time Shortcut Menu.

QUOTE (normandinf @ Jan 16 2009, 07:32 PM)

I see that you use the input VIs to solve this issue. Unfortunately, I need a cross platform solution and the input VIs do not exist on Mac.

Note: If I can not find another solution, I will use this.

QUOTE (Darren @ Jan 16 2009, 09:10 PM)

-D

This is good to know. Now I just have to figure out how to do that in LV 8.2...

I found a way to get at the "click outside of LV" info. I create an asynchronous VI with both attributes of "floating" and "hide when LV not active" set to true. When this VI "FP.State" becomes "hidden" I fire a user event that tells me that LV has becomes "inactive".

Now I am left with trying to find out whe the user escape out (press ESC) of the Run-time Shortcut Menu.