another "How to ask questions"

jcarmody

From here.

If I did your homework for you, then you might pass your class without learning how to write a program like this. Then you might graduate and get your degree without learning how to write a program like this. You might become a professional programmer without knowing how to write a program like this. Someday you might work on a project with me without knowing how to write a program like this. Then I would have to do you serious bodily harm.

Please post your instructor's email address in case I have any questions about your assignment. In fact, I have a great idea. I could just email your assignment directly to your instructor and then you wouldn't even have to go to class either!

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jan 21 2009, 06:03 PM)

Yeeesss... we have winter students sesssion...Desperados Times.

Our forum in Poland, labview.pl become crowded places.

We definitely need that page, may be some block at the main page?

You know what might be better? What if we had a forum section specifically for *professors* to post their assignments, so that everyone in the community knows what the latest assignment is, so when a student asks a question, we all know it's part of his/her homework, and, further, there's a discussion thread that those students can all go off to to talk about possible solutions.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Jan 22 2009, 12:39 AM)

You know what might be better? What if we had a forum section specifically for *professors* to post their assignments, so that everyone in the community knows what the latest assignment is, so when a student asks a question, we all know it's part of his/her homework, and, further, there's a discussion thread that those students can all go off to to talk about possible solutions.

'when' :) DDT [Desperados Duration Time]: is usually one week or less for learning LabVIEW and making four thread application :) 

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Jan 21 2009, 08:39 PM)
I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Just remember guys..stirthepot.gif..all those really bad software QA folks have to come from somewhere. You know the ones...they have a computer science degree or some such but some how managed to miss the concept of how a computer works? I would think its the ones like this who get us to "help" with there problem.

Do I need to mention that we are dealing with out of house QA folks this week?

Jason

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jan 22 2009, 04:46 AM)

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

That is the beuty of brain-storming! The ideas do not have to be serious (and often are better not being serious since they spwan creativity).

Speaking for myself I like that idea. Now how we get the word out to the instructors of the world.... Maybe we could get it mentioned in the NI Newsletter if we actully implement this idea.

Ben