Passed the CLD

Mark Yedinak

I realize that I am not that active here, more of a lurker, but I simply wanted to announce that I passed my CLD exam. Funny thing is I failed the first time and walked out of that exam thinking I nailed it. I walked out of the last exam sure that I blew it and I passed it quite easily. Goes to show you never know.

As for the exam itself I have to agree with many of the various topics regarding the certification testing and process. Passing or failing the exam doesn't necessarily reflect an individual's true ability but having gone through the process I can definitely say that I have learned quite bit and I know the process itself has improved my skills.

QUOTE (Mark Yedinak @ Jan 23 2009, 03:43 PM)

I realize that I am not that active here, more of a lurker, but I simply wanted to announce that I passed my CLD exam. Funny thing is I failed the first time and walked out of that exam thinking I nailed it. I walked out of the last exam sure that I blew it and I passed it quite easily. Goes to show you never know.

As for the exam itself I have to agree with many of the various topics regarding the certification testing and process. Passing or failing the exam doesn't necessarily reflect an individual's true ability but having gone through the process I can definitely say that I have learned quite bit and I know the process itself has improved my skills.

Congratulations!

Ben

:thumbup: Congrats mate - well done!

...having gone through the process I can definitely say that I have learned quite bit and I know the process itself has improved my skills.

Well put - I couldn't agree more. I think that, irrespective of what anyone says about the CLD (and CLA for that matter), actually going through the process of studying to attain them makes you a better programmer.

QUOTE (gleichman @ Jan 23 2009, 03:54 PM)

Thanks.

"I raise and breed tarantulas" - Why??
:o

Why not? They are fascinating creatures. Once you start to study them you start to realize how interesting they are. At the moment my collection is fairly small. I have around 40 tarantulas right now. Down from several hundred in the past.

I also received my CLD today. Now it's time to start preparing for the CLA.

Yeah, me too. Good luck on your prep and exam.

QUOTE (Mark Yedinak @ Jan 23 2009, 05:13 PM)

Why not? They are fascinating creatures. Once you start to study them you start to realize how interesting they are. At the moment my collection is fairly small. I have around 40 tarantulas right now. Down from several hundred in the past.

I'm sure my son's cat would find them interesting. Just keep them on your side of the lake.

QUOTE (Mark Yedinak @ Jan 23 2009, 12:43 PM)

QUOTE (gleichman @ Jan 23 2009, 01:54 PM)

I also received my CLD today. Now it's time to start preparing for the CLA.

I'm a little late to the party, but Congratulations! And definitely keep the spiders away from me...I make my wife kill any we find in the house. They creep me out.