control parallel port question

GSR

Dear all,

I read a few sources of control parallel port because I have a question of controlling signal bit in parallel port.

• One of them use "out port vi", but what is the register address to go to the VI and how I can find out the address.
  • The other one suggests to use VISA, I used VISA to control serial port. However, I have no clue how to use VISA to control a signal bit in parallel port.

QUOTE (zmarcoz @ Jan 24 2009, 12:09 AM)

Under Windows XP, right click on "My Computer" (or using the hot key WindowsLogo+Break) go to Hardware, Device Manager and expend Port (COM & LPT). Then, 2 click on your LPT, go to resources and you will get the 4 address. Take the first.
Be careful, this is 0x378, not 378. (0x378 is a standard on most computer)
QUOTE (zmarcoz @ Jan 24 2009, 12:09 AM)

<LI>The other one suggests to use VISA, I used VISA to control serial port. However, I have no clue how to use VISA to control a signal bit in parallel port.

Me too, in more, I use LabView 6.1 (last week). I use "out port vi" and the docs that I found on NI web site. Sorry, I can't get you the address, ni.com is down for update.

Hope this help you

*** I think this was post on wrong forum....****

Zythum