Can I Execute a PDA Build From an Executable?

ACS

Greetings,

My customer is building a tool based on a PDA (the HP iPAQ, as it happens). He wants me to build a companion application that runs on a PC that will, among other things, rebuild the PDA application should something happen to it.

I thought of using the Project API to access and execute the correct build specification, but none of the Project API methods/properties appear to be available from LabVIEW Run-Time. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (ACS @ Jan 26 2009, 05:59 PM)

Greetings,

My customer is building a tool based on a PDA (the HP iPAQ, as it happens). He wants me to build a companion application that runs on a PC that will, among other things, rebuild the PDA application should something happen to it.

I thought of using the Project API to access and execute the correct build specification, but none of the Project API methods/properties appear to be available from LabVIEW Run-Time. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure that the LabVIEW runtime has absolutely no way of building a target of any form, PDA or not. In fact any LabVIEW runtime will not have that ability. That is something that requires LabVIEW development environment features that can't just be executed in the runtime system.

There is no runtime system in the world that I would know of that could build itself or something similar out of the box. You do need the according development toolchain for that.

Rolf Kalbermatter