PDA application localizatiom

dirkop

Hello!

I would like to localize my PDA application (LabView 8.6 PDA module)

but I don't have any clue how to change the label of a string indicator control.

Label.Text results in errors at runtime and Caption.Text results in an compiler error.

I dont't want to use an extra string indicator control and use the value property because the control is always drawn with a border on the PDA.

I need a label control, where I am able to change the text at runtime!

Thanks,

Dirk

QUOTE (dirkop @ Jan 30 2009, 09:05 AM)

I need a label control, where I am able to change the text at runtime!

That's what captions are for. Assuming the PDA version works the same as the desktop version, right click the control, hide the label and show the caption. The label must remain constant at run-time but the caption can be changed willy-nilly.

Shane.

ZITAT(shoneill @ Jan 30 2009, 10:36 AM)

The label must remain constant at run-time but the caption can be changed willy-nilly.

Shane.

Hi Shane,

my problem is that I am not able to change the Caption.Text at runtime!

When I create a PropertyNode for Caption.Text I get an error without error details.

Maybe the property is not supported in the PDA module yet?

Dirk

ZITAT(dirkop @ Jan 30 2009, 04:09 PM)

<br />Hi Shane,<br /><br />my problem is that I am not able to change the Caption.Text at runtime!<br />When I create a PropertyNode for Caption.Text I get an error without error details.<br />Maybe the property is not supported in the PDA module yet?<br /><br />Dirk<br />

I don't know about the PDA-Toolkit, but in "standard-LabVIEW" the caption for a control has to be visible in order to change set by a property node. Just to be sure, did you set the caption to visible or is this not possible for PDA?

Jens