How to put conditions at the start of vi

Nikunj

Hi,

Actually one hardware is connected to pc which is continuously sending values of load and deflection. I've to plot that graph. I've used serial visa utility for transfer of data. I've already plotted graph. Now I've to put some condlitions at the start of vi. User will define the values of load and deflection. If the actual values of machine of load and deflection get more than user defined values of those parameters than the machine and graph should be switched off. So, inshort i want to ask that how to put that conditions at the start of vi..

Thank you

Nikunj

QUOTE (Nikunj @ Feb 3 2009, 09:28 AM)

So, inshort i want to ask that how to put that conditions at the start of vi..

Hi Nikunj,

for default conditions at start of VI, you can either make values default (simplest, but likely not ideal for hardware) or you could save your conditions in an initialization file and load them before any other tasks performed by your program.

I think more information about how your application is used needs to be provided before any meaningful suggestions can be given. Does the user start your application every time they want to test? How is your application started? Depending on these answers there are a variety of approaches you can take for obtaining your test limits. You can get them from a file as suggested, you can retrieve them from the command line or you could prompt the user for the values. All are valid approaches but which you choose depends on how your application will be used.