Rename User Event

Hello,

I've created a variable manager in a functional global which generates a user event for each changed rsp set variable.

The attached code is an example reduced to the minimum.

It works fine but my question is if any of you see a possibility to get different names for the user events.

Like you can see in the "MyVar1 and 2 Indicator.vi" both user events in the event structure have the same name and this is very inconvinient when the number variables/events increases.

regards,

nicolas

QUOTE (nicolasB @ Feb 5 2009, 02:14 PM)

Hello,

I've created a variable manager in a functional global which generates a user event for each changed rsp set variable.

The attached code is an example reduced to the minimum.

It works fine but my question is if any of you see a possibility to get different names for the user events.

Like you can see in the "MyVar1 and 2 Indicator.vi" both user events in the event structure have the same name and this is very inconvinient when the number variables/events increases.

regards,

nicolas

The User Event takes the name of whatever control or constant used to type it on creation AFAIK.

I personally would prefer a NAME input for the creation of user events, but that's currently not how it's implemented. The current situation basically prevents creating user events in a loop because they than all have the same name.

Shane.

QUOTE (Ton @ Feb 5 2009, 07:50 AM)

That is no problem, this is all done in compile time (the name of the event is part of the 'wire').

Ton

I was thinking more if your event datatype changed and you did not update the control/constant wired to the "Type" input you could get some really interesting run-time results!

Mark