labview 8.5 exe appearance location

mic_k86

hi all, after i make my labview to exe file, when click the exe, the program will appear on the screen but not in the middle of the screen? how to manually set up the appearance of the exe file so that it will appear on the location i set (i.e. top left corner, right side, bottom or random place on the screen).

another question: is it possible to remove the title bar and the 'X' button of the labview exe form?

QUOTE (mic_k86 @ Feb 5 2009, 04:11 PM)

hi all, after i make my labview to exe file, when click the exe, the program will appear on the screen but not in the middle of the screen? how to manually set up the appearance of the exe file so that it will appear on the location i set (i.e. top left corner, right side, bottom or random place on the screen).

another question: is it possible to remove the title bar and the 'X' button of the labview exe form?

Hi,

You can edit these option in the VI properties (ctrl + i) section "Windows appearance" and "Customize..."

> uncheck : "allow user to close window" and see other option.

You have an option to centre the front panel in the section "Window Run Time Position".

Note that many of these options can be set using property nodes on FP.

Hope this helps

To avoid causing problems when running your VI in development mode, you might want to alter these settings for the build, but not for the VI itself. You can do this by going to properties on the build specification, then clicking source file settings. Click the VI whose appearance you want to change and click 'customize VI properties'. From here, you can specify appearance settings for the specific build specification without affecting your VI during development mode. Just uncheck 'use vi property' to override the VIs default for the given build specification.

QUOTE (ejensen @ Feb 5 2009, 09:53 PM)

To avoid causing problems when running your VI in development mode, you might want to alter these settings for the build, but not for the VI itself. You can do this by going to properties on the build specification, then clicking source file settings. Click the VI whose appearance you want to change and click 'customize VI properties'. From here, you can specify appearance settings for the specific build specification without affecting your VI during development mode. Just uncheck 'use vi property' to override the VIs default for the given build specification.

That a really neat trick.

I did not know that you could set these settings during the build process. I would generally use a conditional disable structure and property nodes to achieve this.