looking at files in a folder

hello,

I am using tshark's ring buffer to create 3 file that update automatically, the file names are saved with the time and date so they are changing, in labview i want to read the files and convert them but i am getting confused as to how to input the exact name of the file as it keeps changing, i was thinking to using somesort of time stamp of the files in the folder but i am still very stuck.....

it will be really helpful if anyone can help,

please contact me if you want any more information

samia

QUOTE (tilli @ Feb 6 2009, 12:21 PM)

hello,

I am using tshark's ring buffer to create 3 file that update automatically, the file names are saved with the time and date so they are changing, in labview i want to read the files and convert them but i am getting confused as to how to input the exact name of the file as it keeps changing, i was thinking to using somesort of time stamp of the files in the folder but i am still very stuck.....

it will be really helpful if anyone can help,

please contact me if you want any more information

samia

If I do that, I will use time stamp to create the file names and STORE the update file names in a txt file. That means total 4 files, the name of 3 of them will keep changing and the updated name can be found in the "STORENAME.txt" (fixed name) file. I hope I understand your question correctly. ;)

QUOTE (zmarcoz @ Feb 8 2009, 04:59 AM)

If I do that, I will use time stamp to create the file names and STORE the update file names in a txt file. That means total 4 files, the name of 3 of them will keep changing and the updated name can be found in the "STORENAME.txt" (fixed name) file. I hope I understand your question correctly. ;)

The STORENAME.txt file is not required instead you can use the List Folder function in the FileI/O>>Advanced File Functions Pallete. This function will list all the files and folders available under a specified folder. The filenames are given out as and array of string which you can easy search through using array functions.