background colour

QUOTE (mic_k86 @ Feb 6 2009, 10:17 PM)

hi all, the default background colour for labview is grey. is it possible to change it to another colour? (i.e. yellow, blue...) or is it possible to at an image picture to the background?

You can change the panel background color by selecting the paintbrush tool from the Tool Palette (View >> Tool Palette). You can change the default panel color in the Options Dialog (Tools >> Options >> Colors).

You can make an image picture the background by right clicking on a scroll bar and selecting properties. In the properties window you can change the background to an image.

Regards,

Vinny

QUOTE (mic_k86 @ Feb 7 2009, 02:17 PM)

hi all, the default background colour for labview is grey. is it possible to change it to another colour? (i.e. yellow, blue...) or is it possible to at an image picture to the background?

Select Menu: Tools>>>Options>>>Colors to customize your environment.

QUOTE (Vinny @ Feb 7 2009, 02:09 PM)

You can change the panel background color by selecting the paintbrush tool from the Tool Palette (View >> Tool Palette). You can change the default panel color in the Options Dialog (Tools >> Options >> Colors).

You can make an image picture the background by right clicking on a scroll bar and selecting properties. In the properties window you can change the background to an image.

Regards,

Vinny

Do you have any good idea about color?

thans a lot

QUOTE (huotom @ Feb 9 2009, 11:45 AM)

Do you have any good idea about color?

thans a lot

Typically while developing a lab applications I would prefer system colors as they make your application look more at home on the OS you are running. I also try and use system controls and indicators wherever possible.

While developing for a process plant automation type application I would use bright colors and big prominent controls and indicators.

Good Colors for an application are very subjective and its a very good idea to get feedback with the end user of the application

QUOTE (JustinThomas @ Feb 10 2009, 11:00 AM)

Typically while developing a lab applications I would prefer system colors as they make your application look more at home on the OS you are running. I also try and use system controls and indicators wherever possible.

While developing for a process plant automation type application I would use bright colors and big prominent controls and indicators.

Good Colors for an application are very subjective and its a very good idea to get feedback with the end user of the application

I enjoy what you had replied to me.Thanks a lot!

On a somewhat related topic do you know if it is possible for a subVI to inherit the background color of the calling VI? In my environment we reuse a large amount of our code and we have many general purpose VIs that are dialog boxes. Because we reuse our code I would like these dialog boxes to inherit the colors from the calling VI. The brute force method would be to get a reference to the calling VI and get it's color information and then set the colors for the subVI. This however may result in a flicker of the display (or we have to delay showing the FP until the colors are set). It would seem that an attribute allowing teh colors to be inherited would be convenient and useful. Is there such a thing?

QUOTE (Mark Yedinak @ Feb 10 2009, 11:04 AM)

On a somewhat related topic do you know if it is possible for a subVI to inherit the background color of the calling VI? In my environment we reuse a large amount of our code and we have many general purpose VIs that are dialog boxes. Because we reuse our code I would like these dialog boxes to inherit the colors from the calling VI. The brute force method would be to get a reference to the calling VI and get it's color information and then set the colors for the subVI. This however may result in a flicker of the display (or we have to delay showing the FP until the colors are set). It would seem that an attribute allowing teh colors to be inherited would be convenient and useful. Is there such a thing?

In your block diagram select a property node, link it to pane, then link that to the pane color. I think that's what you're looking for.