Airport Flight Info Display

bmoyer

I'd like to create an application with a GUI that is similar to a Airport Flight Info display and the application needs to periodically check for changes to an excel file (for now, we'll talk about adding database support later) and then update the display. The information would smoothly scroll vertically through all of the rows and then repeat continuously. At first I was thinking about using Powerpoint to do this (but I don't know if this is easily possible in PP). I think this could be done in LabVIEW quite nicely. What do you think is the best way to go about this?

Using LabVIEW, my idea is to use multiple panes and have a header pane and a table pane and use property nodes to scroll the table pane continuously. Any thoughts? Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks,

Bruce

You could just use a table, and then change the index row and it would scroll down row by row. I think it will "jump" slightly when you change rows, I am not sure how smooth you want it to scroll.

Edit - I reread your post, i think this is what you stated at the end of the post....

Another idea with a scrollbox....it could get memory hungry if you have a large array though.