program does noth work correct in executable

Hello people,

I've a question about a program i wrote to analyse vi's in combination with the vi analyzer toolkit.

The program works fine in the labview development environment, but in a frustrating matter when i built a executable of it. Its skips his analysing part of the tool. There are no strange errors and other things like building the diskstructor for the testing results work just fine. Only there are no test results because he skips the testing, but when i run the tool in the development environment there are testresults of the vi's that are tested. i've tried manythings, unfortunaley nog results :S. Maybe i forget something important to set or do. So maybe you guys see the answer to my problem.

As attachment i've got 2 sceenshots. One of the analysing subvi and the second is a part of the main statemachine where i calls this subvi. Somethings in the code are just for testing so ignore this.(like the sequence structure in the analysing part).

I hope some of you guys see my problem

Thanks

If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with the fact that the 'Current VI Path' has different output for development vs. an executable. See here: LINK. I can't say for sure without seeing your subVIs. If that's not it, you might try using debugging on the executable. In the build properties, check 'Enable debugging' and 'Wait for debugger on launch'. Build the exe and run it. The program won't be running when it loads. In your project window, click 'Operate' and click 'Debug application or shared library'. You will then be able to probe wires or debug as you normally would, but for the executable. I hope that helps.

The VI Analyzer VIs do not work in a built executable. There is certain internal functionality used by the VI Analyzer that is not supported in the LabVIEW Runtime Engine. I was surprised to see that we do not mention anywhere in the VI Analyzer documentation that the VIs are not supported in a built EXE. I have filed a CAR against the documentation (CAR# 147643) that we add this information.

-D

QUOTE (Darren @ Feb 19 2009, 09:09 PM)

The VI Analyzer VIs do not work in a built executable. There is certain internal functionality used by the VI Analyzer that is not supported in the LabVIEW Runtime Engine. I was surprised to see that we do not mention anywhere in the VI Analyzer documentation that the VIs are not supported in a built EXE. I have filed a CAR against the documentation (CAR# 147643) that we add this information.

-D

oh really? That's a bummer, because the core of my tool is the usage of those vi's. Are you really sure that there is no possibility to use those vi's in a executable? (some hack maybe?) You're wright in that there isn't any documentation about that the analyser vi's won't work in a excutable. I must consider my thoughts in a moment of silence ;)

if anyone have a idea, its more then welcome :)

QUOTE (Darren @ Feb 23 2009, 10:18 PM)

Why are you building your tool into an EXE? If it is to simply call the tool as a scheduled task in Windows, you can always schedule a task that launches LabVIEW.exe and specifies a VI to run as a command line parameter.

-D

because the solution is more elegant in a EXE ;) You're solutions is a nice work around, but in the dutch we call this a little bit "Een houtje touwtje oplossing "( a log and a string solution) ;) I hope in the future the analyser Vi's can be used in a executable program.

QUOTE (joey braem @ Feb 23 2009, 04:24 PM)
because the solution is more elegant in a EXE ;) You're solutions is a nice work around, but in the dutch we call this a little bit "Een houtje touwtje oplossing "( a log and a string solution) ;) I hope in the future the analyser Vi's can be used in a executable program.
Not going to happen. The VI Analyzer is intended to look at block diagrams. The block diagrams do not exist in the runtime engine. And a lot of the "reflection" API for the connector pane, etc, on which the VI Analyzer relies, is also non-existant. The RT engine is for running VIs, not editing VIs. The VI Analyzer is part of the editor environment.

QUOTE (joey braem @ Feb 23 2009, 11:24 PM)

Hi Joey,

calling it a 'Houtje touwtje oplossing' is a bit strong, I would call it 'the long way round'.

However what is it that you try to do?

You could for instance write an executable that calls the VI analyzer routines that are performed and hosted inside the LabVIEW IDE.

Or build a tool that is started from the LabVIEW menu bar.

Ton