Insert Phi

ASTDan

QUOTE (ASTDan @ Feb 23 2009, 11:35 AM)

I confirmed that this doesn't work in XP with LV8.2 (that's all I had installed). What happens if you open this vi? It should look about like the screenshot I posted above, but with each character in its own comment/constant.

Edited to remove attachment

QUOTE (TobyD @ Feb 23 2009, 11:52 AM)

I confirmed that this doesn't work in XP with LV8.2 (that's all I had installed). What happens if you open this vi? It should look about like the screenshot I posted above, but with each character in its own comment/constant.

Edited to remove attachment

I pulled the attachment because it appears to have done some weird things...when I closed it, it crashed LV with this error:

post-8758-1235419361.jpg?width=400

When I relaunched LabVIEW, the other VI that I had opened looks like it has been converted to Japanese (the block diagram too)!!!

post-8758-1235419314.png?width=400

I don't have time to try to reproduce the issue now, but it looks like there might be a bug here somewhere. If you want to play with it AT YOUR OWN RISK here is the VI.

Download File:post-8758-1235419516.vi

QUOTE (TobyD @ Feb 23 2009, 03:06 PM)

It's work for me in XP with LV8.6.1

I also notice that if I change to Hex display, the hex is C603. But... if I entered C603 in Hex display mode I got (text removed) when I come back to Normal display.

I confirmed that this doesn't work in XP with LV8.2 (that's all I had installed). What happens if you open this vi? It should look about like the screenshot I posted above, but with each character in its own comment/constant

I opened the VI and I see the Phi Symbol

Why does that work?

Dan

QUOTE (ASTDan @ Feb 23 2009, 05:06 PM)

I opened the VI and I see the Phi Symbol

Why does that work?

Dan

It did on my system, but if you change the font size and add a roman letter to the same text strip (say phi + f), you'll mess it up (XP, 8.6) and get something similar to pdc's odd characters.

If you don't need to change it programmatically, I would suggest you use a picture of Phi instead of string... I've fought with them in LV7 and gave up.

Could you create a picture control, display the text you want and superimpose on your column header? That looks more and more like Bob's suggestion to Chris!

I have also Posted on NI discussion forum

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...=389325#M389325

I still can't insert phi into LabVIEW so I have to download the posted VI, and copy and paste phi into a free label into my LabVIEW. I can then super impose the free label in the column header.

Ugly but it works

post-8614-1235489018.jpg?width=400